Red Armstrong XP fuel pump

I bought new pumps from Red just months before he passed in 2021. Wish I had bought couple more..

TTT

What was so special about his pumps I am curious, because I’ve read where guys have said over the years they where just Walbro Pumps?

What was so special about his pumps I am curious, because I’ve read where guys have said over the years they where just Walbro Pumps?
That's a valid question that's been hotly debated here for many, many years but I'm the wrong guy to answer your question because none of that matters to me. In my case, it's simply a matter of personal preference, that's all.

It was a Walbro pump. Shimmed high pass pressure bypass. Needed before the high psi Walbro came out

Looking for a Red Armstrong XP fuel pump.
Are you looking for just the pumps or the whole kit? I have a reds double pumper setup on a hanger that I removed a couple months ago. Nothing wrong with them I just decided to upgrade the whole fuel system, lines, rails, regulator, etc.

Shimmed high pressure relief I believe. Better options now
There was something else different about them. I dont remember what Red said, but he had connections within Walbro. They flowed more than the walbro 340 and out of all the intank pumps available, they lasted thr longest. I installed a lot of Walbro 340s that would only last maybe a season. Some were bad out of the box. I have a set of Reds pumps he was working on that flow 400lph and have the same external dimensions as the 255lph.

There was something else different about them. I dont remember what Red said, but he had connections within Walbro. They flowed more than the walbro 340 and out of all the intank pumps available, they lasted thr longest. I installed a lot of Walbro 340s that would only last maybe a season. Some were bad out of the box. I have a set of Reds pumps he was working on that flow 400lph and have the same external dimensions as the 255lph.
Rob your right on point.
I know many want details but his flowed really well and didnt heat up the fuel for what they did and lasted the most from what I have seen.
It loved more voltage too.

i have two of reds pumps
double pumper - Copy.jpg