Recommendations On Fire Extinguishers & Mounting In Bench Seat Car?

~JM~

Wrinkled Member
Seeking advice on the proper type & size of fire extinguisher(s) plus mounting locations for bench seat Turbo-T.

I recall seeing a few pics of engine bay fires due to a leaking fuel pressure gauge, leaking lines/injector o-rings, alky/meth reservoir & lines, etc.

Pics of mounting brackets & locations would be appreciated.

Thanks.

TurboJoe3.8

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
2.5 lb. Halotron.
Mounted to rear seat base behind driver seat.

Available at Jegs.

Attachments

• IMG_1045.jpg
    IMG_1045.jpg
    488.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1049.jpg
    IMG_1049.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 49

Jonesy

USMC Iraq Combat
Halotron, don't use any dry chemical extinguisher. You will regret using dry chem on your engine cause the chemical etches itself into the hot metals. The only thing you can do to hope to prevent it is to clean the dry chemical off immediately.

Warp6

Mine since '92
I had never seen these. Thanks for posting. I just ordered 2 of them

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
SMH.
E50, recommended for "professional use". :rolleyes:
Does that mean you have to wait til the fd gets there, and one of them uses it?
Right on the level of most other idiotic ads, such as a bear showing you how to wipe your ass.:D

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
For that price, better go for a full suppression system
Put the cable and bye-bye fire.

I would guess "bye, bye fire" would depend upon where you installed it, inside the car or under the hood because anything can happen at any time. In addition, what the cost to have a knowledgeable individual do an install might be? Would 2 systems be twice the protection, one inside, one under the hood? How does one choose?

As I pictured earlier, I have the 2.5lb one and had one occasion to use it, due to a battery malfunction. Worked great, but it wasn't a methanol or fuel fire........ I'ma take my chances with that one.

Last edited: