Recipe thread- You asked for it..........

turbofabricator

Post your best dinner fixin's.

Here's mine:

Copper River Silver Salmon.

I lightly season with Johnny's seasoning, and then spread a mixture of butter/sour cream over the top. (1/2" thick) Squeeze a little fresh lemon juice and bake for 10-15 min. at 325* Steam some fresh asparagus or broccoli. Add a baked spud with Uncle Dans dip on top. The sour cream/butter mix scrapped off the top of the salmon goes good in a spud, too. Copper River Silver Salmon is by far the best tasting salmon I have tried. We are spoiled, in that we can buy it right off the vessle here in the PNW. (Pacific North West) Prety pricey, though. REAL dark red fish with LOTS of Omega-3 fatty acids. Try it if you ever get a chance. The Atlantic farm raised crap they sell in stores, THAT tastes like cardboard!:mad:

If the Salmon is right off the boat, I prefere to just add a handful of diced sun-dried tomatoes and salt and pepper(light), then sprinkle some melted butter over it, and bake at 325 for 10 minutes. THAT is AWSOME, too!

Dungenous Crab is AWSOME, too. Pitty the folks that live in the mid-west and have never tried good Salmon or fresh steamed crab or clams.

Let's hear more great food fixin's, even if it is your wifes' or grandma's secret. We won't tell.;)

Thats me,a poor midwesterner LOL. You mean Red Lobster isn't the real deal LOL

I have to come to Seattle on business this winter and plan to pig OUT! Actually Woddenville Wa.

Off to think about my special recipies to post.......

Green Bean Casserole
4 cans French Style Green Beans
1 can Cream of Mushroom
1 can Cream of Chicken
Saltine crackers or Cheese Nip crackers
1 Pack shreded Colby Jack cheese
Mix the beans and soup and place in casserole dish. Put a layer of cheese on top. Crush the crackers and cover the cheese completely. Bake at 300 deg for 15 min or till the crackers start browning. To add a lil zing try some lemon peper mixed in.
This is my personal recipe as I hate the fried onion topping and the reg green beans most people use!

*4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
*olive oil
*2 handfuls fresh baby spinach
*2 cans stewed tomatoes
*1 8 oz package cream cheese, cut up
*2 cloves minced garlic
*1 tsp basil
*1/4 tsp black pepper
*16 oz box dry pasta of your choice
Method
1. In a large, deep frying pan, brown chicken over med-high heat in a bit of olive oil. Add garlic and let cook just until garlic begins to brown. 2. Add to pan the tomatoes, cream cheese, basil and pepper. Reduce heat to medium low and let simmer, stirring occasionally. 3. Start boiling noodles. When almost done, add spinach to water and continue cooking until pasta is done. 3. When cream cheese has melted and sauce is creamy, add pasta and spinach to pan and stir. 4. Serve with French bread.

Notes: *For an interesting variation on the recipe, also try adding the following: -mushrooms -black olives -green onion *You can also substitute shrimp for chicken. Just cook the shrimp separately and add at the end.

Number of servings: 6 hearty servings

PBR....

rotate can so the opening is facing you
Pull on tab until it goes "pfssst"
Put can to mouth and tilt TOWARD your face.
Have an extra can waiting in case you tilt away from your face.

PBR....

rotate can so the opening is facing you
Pull on tab until it goes "pfssst"
Put can to mouth and tilt TOWARD your face.
Have an extra can waiting in case you tilt away from your face.

LMAO good one!

I have a super Rib Recepie I will post this weekend. Internet sucks in the motel tonight:mad:

Ever seen the little powdered donuts from New Orleans? They are called beignets, pronounced ben-yay. I have a super easy and cheap way to somewhat duplicate them. Authentic beignets from New Orleans are better, but if you've never had them these will hold you over 'til you try some.

1 can of small biscuits, cheapest ones you can find.
1 box of powdered suguar
Vegetable oil

Heat up oil to like 250* or so. Does not have to be hot like your frying french fries, but hot enough. You only need a small pot, you want about 3" of cooking oil in it. Take biscuits out of the can, flatten each one. When oil is ready, place biscuit in oil. They're gonna cook really quick so check the side that in the oil in about 30 seconds. After golden brown, roll it over and do the same. When done, let oil drain off a little, and sprinkle powdered sugar over. It's best to use a flour sifter to get a nice distribution, if you will. Repeat process untill you're done.

There you have it, a taste of New Orleans that's real easy to make. I have plenty of Cajun recipes, but there's no sense in posting those 'cause you guys can't get the ingredients.

BBQ Speckeled Trout or Redfish

Here is what we ate for dinner tonight......

Speckeled trout and/or Redfish fillets. skin and scales on one side.
2 sticks butter
2oz worcestershire sauce
1oz lemon juice
Cajun seasoning

Light your BBQ pit and let the coals get nice and white hot.
Place aluminum foil on top of grill. Melt some butter on the foil.
Melt the 2 sticks of butter, mix in the worcestershire sauce and lemon juice with the butter in a bowl.
Season fish fillets with cajun seasoning and salt to taste. You northerners will have to go light with the seasoning:eek: .
Place fillets on foil and baste with butter sauce.
Poke 6-7 holes in foil to allow juices to drip into fire to give it that smoked flavor.
Cook for about 20 minutes. Fish will be firm but flaky.

So goood you'll want to slap your mama!!!!!:biggrin: Enjoy.

I'm more along Notacarlo's scheme. I have money to buy food, I just don't like cleaning. Give me gormet stuff I can cook on the grill, time isn't a huge issue as long as its on the grill. I just don't want to clean 10 plates/pans when I'm done!!

here's one for a quick beef strokinoff. take one small onion and halve it and cut into slices and then halve the slices. 4 cloves garlic rough cut. no need to dice, i love garlic, you might want to go with 2 or 3 to your taste. start sauteing onions in evoo add garlic as onions start to turn translucent and cook a couple more minutes, put to side. i prefer to use round steak (cheap) sirlion would be good choice also. get your tenderizer and beat that steak like it's your ex ol' lady. cut into thin strips. get 2 packages of the lipton noodles and sauce strokinoff flavor. sub 1 1/2 cups beef broth instead of called for water. poach the roundsteak over low heat in broth until is cooked and should be tender. be sure to remove the foamy like film that will be floating. finish cooking according to directions on the package using the broth. when it is done, add two large table spoons of sourcreme to pan fold in and enjoy. anybody that tries this. let me have any feed back on what you think

Turbo Salsa

This is an easy recipe that alot people like, you can control the HEAT by how much peppers and the juice you put in. This is great with Cheddar Cheese mixed in with it. The longer you keep it the hotter it gets.

Attachments

• Salsa Recipe.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 75
have a super Rib Recepie I will post this weekend. Internet sucks in the motel tonight

Looking to cook ribs this weekend, do you still have this recipe ?