Recipe for the Weekend

Bitch-in-GN

Turbo Buick Chef
This may seem long and time consuming but it really isnt. I put all the steps in detail for those that really dont know how to cook.

Please let me know how you enjoyed them. They are delicious!! Serve with fresh garlic bread.

Sausage and Eggplant Stuffed Shells in a Tomato-Basil Cream Sauce

Difficulty: Medium
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings

Ingredients:

2 TBSP olive oil
3/4 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
2 cups chopped onion
1 large eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp crushed red pepper
2 TBSP minced garlic
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
12 ounces fresh spinach, blanched, squeezed dry and chopped
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp sugar
1/2 package of jumbo pasta shells (about 18 shells)
2 cups Italian crushed tomatoes
3 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
4 ounces coarsely grated fontina cheese

In a large skillet, heat 1 TBSP of olive oil and saute the sausage until golden brown, breaking up the pieces, about 6 minutes.

Add half of the onions and the eggplant, season with 3/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper, cook 4-6 minutes (or until vegetables are very soft).

Add 1 TBSP garlic and cook for 1 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer into large bowl to cool.

After cooled, stir in ricotta, spinach, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, and sugar. Stir to combine well.

Lightly grease a deep 9 by 13 inch casserole or lasagna pan and set aside.

Cook pasta shells until just al dente, 10-12 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Pat shells dry. Stuff the shells with the sausage-eggplant mixture and place in casserole dish.

In another saucepan, heat remaining olive oil and saute the remaining chopped onions about 4 minutes. Add remaining tablespoon of garlic and cook about 1-2 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes, remaining 3/4 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper, cook about 5 minutes. Add heavy cream and cook until sauce is reduced about 20 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Add the basil to the sauce and pour over shells. Sprinkle with fontina cheese and remaining parmesan. Cover casserole tightly with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake until sauce is lightly browned and bubbly around edges (about 15 minutes longer)

Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
ENJOY!! :D :D :D

Yes, I will be posting recipes every Friday. I have tons of great stuff for outdoors for you guys also. Hope you enjoy these weekly, these things are to die for;)

hey

D, that looks GREAT.

I live in the sticks, just what is an eggplant:p

Just kidding, sounds great.

Ty

Wow that sounds awesome. I used to eat eggplant parmesan all the time, but haven't had it in years....it may be time to dig into an old favorite!

Is this a creation of your own? Sounds delicious! :)

Steve

Its not a recipe of my own, actually found it on the internet.

Put it to you this way, I made it for the family and there was nothing left.

All recipes that I post, will be only the ones I have made and know that they are good.

If there is any recipe that you all might be looking for, let me know and I will post it for you.

I have all kinds of stuff that I make so I can post recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and desserts. Again, let me know what you like and I will post it.

Have fun:D

Originally posted by JOHNDEEREGN
Trav is gonna get FAT:D

Ty

Nah, he'll be okay. He stays away from certain things that I cook because it can make you get large around the waist.

My kitchen is definately NOT the "Lean Cuisine" kitchen:eek: