Recent oil change concern

baghouse

EZE
I recently took the turbo off of my GN because I had a little bit of smoke coming out of the exhaust. My Turbo Builder noted that the oil seal was bad but also the bearings had issues and the wheel had rubbed on the housing. When I was changing the oil, for about 1 second, I saw what looked like gray oil coming out. It then cleared up and changed to the regular color of oil. What do you think this could indicate?

Drop the pan. For some reason GM used a HUGE boss on the inside of the pan for the drain plug. It basically makes it impossible to completely drain the pain during an oil change. Any FOD that made it's way into the pan that too big for the pickup to pass, will be laying there waiting on you.

While you're there, go ahead and get a new oil pump pickup that doesn't have a trap door. (and if your timing chain is original, you'll find some teeth laying in the bottom of the pan too).

I recently took the turbo off of my GN because I had a little bit of smoke coming out of the exhaust. My Turbo Builder noted that the oil seal was bad but also the bearings had issues and the wheel had rubbed on the housing. When I was changing the oil, for about 1 second, I saw what looked like gray oil coming out. It then cleared up and changed to the regular color of oil. What do you think this could indicate?

Slurry at the bottom of the drain could be metal, but it's probably water. Most metal tends to stay suspended, and aluminum floats.