Rebuilt iron cylinder heads + ARP head bolts

stickybones

What?
$350 + shipping. Rebuilt stock iron 8445 cylinder heads including ARP head bolts.

Quoted from my November 2002 Jack Merkel invoice…"Machined with 3 angle valve seats. Exhaust seat bowl area enlarged. Reconditioned intake valves. New exhaust valves. Exhaust valves undercut to enhance airflow. Machined exhaust guides to accept stock type valve seals. Assembled with stock replacement viton seals. HD LT1 spec valve springs.”

Jack charges $450 for this service now without including the cost of the heads to begin with or the cost of valve springs.

These valve springs are for a flat tappet hydraulic cam.

I have ~25k miles on them. Heads were just surfaced milled by Jack Merkel ($120 cost) to clean them up but never installed since they were resurfaced. Although they are “perfectly” flat, I would only recommend stock type composite head gaskets because of the surface roughness.

Mike

Attachments

• headbolts.jpg
    headbolts.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 685
  • heads1.jpg
    heads1.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 684
  • heads2.jpg
    heads2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 686
  • heads3.jpg
    heads3.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 682
  • heads4.jpg
    heads4.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 691
Maybe!

Coincidentally, someone else just inquired about them over the weekend and said they'd call me tomorrow (Tuesday) to discuss a possible purchase.

If he doesn't call, or he calls and turns out to not be interested, I'll consider them available again.

I'll let you know tomorrow evening.

Mike

Maybe!

Coincidentally, someone else just inquired about them over the weekend and said they'd call me tomorrow (Tuesday) to discuss a possible purchase.

If he doesn't call, or he calls and turns out to not be interested, I'll consider them available again.

I'll let you know tomorrow evening.

Mike

k let me know i might be interested.

Im still thinking about the heads. Do the need to be reworked or are they ready to bolt on and go?

IMO, no rework is necessary and they are ready to bolt on and go. They were performing just fine when I removed them and were on my engine when I ran the time in my sig. I had them decked for reinstallation on my engine when I was rebuilding it last year, but decided at the last moment to treat myself with the purchase of fully ported heads instead. Thus I have them for sale now because I didn't want to turn them in as cores (I think they are too good for that).

Mike

P.S. Note my post on 12/28/09 where the ARP bolts have been sold so this ad is for just the heads now.