Rebuilding Six Shooter-Cream Beige 87 Limited

jurassic five 7

I'm starting a thread to let it be known, as I'm in the process of rebuilding this car and am in desire of information, photos, videos, stories about this car and the legacy/history it has laid within our community.

If you recognize the car, it's obvious you've been around for years and I'm sure remember it at BG.

I sadly was not around when this particular car was raced but will be bringing it back to its glory through out the years.

This is an 87 Turbo Regal Limited. Cream Beige, factory moonroof, W02 'black out package', brown interior car.
It's unknown the exact miles, but the guess is anywhere from 10-20k miles.
Owned and raced by Bob Peterson of Minnesota and named 'Six Shooter'.
Make note: This is not the same car as the red, back halved, fiberglass front end Regal which he raced from the 99 GS Nationals and leading up to him selling it.

I have spoke with Jack Pendzimas and got some great information regarding the car and I would like to gather as much as I can, because the information, stories and people wont be around forever.

The car has had some neglect and has surprisingly survived without hail damage, rust and major issues.

It's journey since about 1999:
After taking the engine out of this car and putting it into the Red back halved Regal, the car was sold to a friend of Bob's who took the 9 inch rear end out. Well the car started to get repainted by his friends Son (which is why parts are silver) but then sat without any work to be done.
The car was thrown in on a deal to Jack and after he took possession of the car, it was put in the woods behind his shop for a few years.
Car was sold to Dick Walker, where the intentions were to take it back to it's glory as well. With many other products and dedications, this was not seen through and it sat outside the majority of it's time in the Oklahoma weather.
All the while during the last 10 years I had always gazed with wonder and dreams to see it on the strip again and ultimately, I became the owner! I am dedicated, motivated and prepared for the long haul to rebuild the car.

The cage will have to be cut out as it will not certify and is unsafe, in the incident I crash and flop onto the roof.
A 7.50 legal cage will be put in sometime next year.
A lot more items will be addressed and upgraded.

As it's been told, I 'have your work cut out for you'.

I'm excited for the journey and adventures this car brings.

I'd like to ask anyone with information, stories, photos, anything that will help me preserve the history, information about this car and the legacy it has helped to build. I'd appreciate it if anyone wanted to call me as I'll provide my phone number in a private message.

This car will be back on the drag strip and will get the attention it deserves and will be back to what it once was but a lot more.

Attached are some photos of the car. 1.JPG 2.jpg 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.jpg 8.JPG 9.JPG 10.JPG

I guess I'm the first "contributor" to Bob's involvement w/ turbo Buicks.
Bob was at a street rod run, and had issues w/ his car. We brought it home, got it fixed, and on the road, again.
During the repairs, we needed parts/ "refreshments". Soooo, we took my 1986 T Type "company car", to get them.:smug:
Ya, it was a REAL "company car". The company allowed me to lease it!
One good tire shredding blast, and Bob was hooked. :D
He bought his GNX when he got back home. (y)
Then, came the race cars.
During the following period, I built the "yeller car".
I ran it locally, and sold the roller to Jack Pendzimus. It was while Jack had the car, that it was on the cover of GM HItech mag. Jack ran it w/ a 252 stage in it, and sold it to Alan Liverman. I'm thinking that it was either the red, or six shooter car, that was traded between Bob and Jack, and possibly one other of the "Star" employees. I don't recall the sequence of the trades, selling/buying.
Jack, Bob, and some other guys referred to as "Star Productions", were regulars at BG and US 141, in Indiana.
Some neat stories about those days! The Star Productions saga is absolutely hilarious!! :ROFLMAO:
If you talk to Jack, ask him about it.
It was always an "experience" to be around those guys, especially, Bob.:D

Bob's life story is interesting. Jack would likely be one to ask about it. He was "unique". RIP, Bob.

Glad to see you have the car Adam. Dick Walker was in town couple weeks ago and he said you had got the six shooter. I remember the car at BG back in the day! Keep us posted.

I remember seeing that car at BG. Glad to see your bringing it back!

I remember the car and Bob. He was a nice guy, would always shoot the shit with him at the Nats.

I'm glad some of you remember the car! It's been really interesting to look over the car and be surprised with what I have.

Does anyone remember how the interior was set up? I have the limited brown interior pieces, but wonder if the car was ran with them inside or not.

I'd love to get a hold of more pictures, but I know a camera was not there at your fingertips like it is now with cell phones.

I'll keep this thread up to date when it comes to updates/progress also.

I'm starting a thread to let it be known, as I'm in the process of rebuilding this car and am in desire of information, photos, videos, stories about this car and the legacy/history it has laid within our community.

If you recognize the car, it's obvious you've been around for years and I'm sure remember it at BG.

I sadly was not around when this particular car was raced but will be bringing it back to its glory through out the years.

This is an 87 Turbo Regal Limited. Cream Beige, factory moonroof, W02 'black out package', brown interior car.
It's unknown the exact miles, but the guess is anywhere from 10-20k miles.
Owned and raced by Bob Peterson of Minnesota and named 'Six Shooter'.
Make note: This is not the same car as the red, back halved, fiberglass front end Regal which he raced from the 99 GS Nationals and leading up to him selling it.

I have spoke with Jack Pendzimas and got some great information regarding the car and I would like to gather as much as I can, because the information, stories and people wont be around forever.

The car has had some neglect and has surprisingly survived without hail damage, rust and major issues.

It's journey since about 1999:
After taking the engine out of this car and putting it into the Red back halved Regal, the car was sold to a friend of Bob's who took the 9 inch rear end out. Well the car started to get repainted by his friends Son (which is why parts are silver) but then sat without any work to be done.
The car was thrown in on a deal to Jack and after he took possession of the car, it was put in the woods behind his shop for a few years.
Car was sold to Dick Walker, where the intentions were to take it back to it's glory as well. With many other products and dedications, this was not seen through and it sat outside the majority of it's time in the Oklahoma weather.
All the while during the last 10 years I had always gazed with wonder and dreams to see it on the strip again and ultimately, I became the owner! I am dedicated, motivated and prepared for the long haul to rebuild the car.

The cage will have to be cut out as it will not certify and is unsafe, in the incident I crash and flop onto the roof.
A 7.50 legal cage will be put in sometime next year.
A lot more items will be addressed and upgraded.

As it's been told, I 'have your work cut out for you'.

I'm excited for the journey and adventures this car brings.

I'd like to ask anyone with information, stories, photos, anything that will help me preserve the history, information about this car and the legacy it has helped to build. I'd appreciate it if anyone wanted to call me as I'll provide my phone number in a private message.

This car will be back on the drag strip and will get the attention it deserves and will be back to what it once was but a lot more.

Attached are some photos of the car.View attachment 304236 View attachment 304237 View attachment 304238 View attachment 304239 View attachment 304240 View attachment 304241 View attachment 304242 View attachment 304243 View attachment 304244 View attachment 304245

I may be able to help.
I was one of Bob's brats.

20170930_202053.jpg

Thanks for the reply.
I don't see the envolope maybe he did not send it.

Ok.
Go to the top rt, where your screen name is, click it once. The dropdown should have "conversation" in the list.
Click it. If he's sent you a "pm", that'll be there.

TTT

Anyone else out there with photos, videos or information they remember about the car or a story they would share about Bob?

No big updates on the car's process besides the cage is cut out and awaiting for the chassis builder to have his car done so this can be started.

Here's some photos from 1996. I was able to get the negatives of these pictures so I can print off more or get them digital.

Attachments

• 26685393_10215321652903706_2157183707469766259_o.jpg
    26685393_10215321652903706_2157183707469766259_o.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 26757215_10215321654343742_7078267078085334568_o.jpg
    26757215_10215321654343742_7078267078085334568_o.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 132
Wow, I remember seeing this car back when I was only 13 with my dad at the Nats... I have all his plaques over the years and am looking for video or pictures for you.

Attachments

• 20181114_092732.jpg
    20181114_092732.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 88
Anyone else out there with photos, videos or information they remember about the car or a story they would share about Bob?

The yrs I spent w/ those guys, was a hoot, to say the least!
If you are in contact w/ any of the Minn crowd, ask about "Star Productions"...They'll have some crazy stories!
Pendzemas will remember them. AIRC, he was one of the "production crew"...:LOL: