Rebuilding power antenna

Randy Hagins

I am in the process of rebuilding my power antenna. Just wanted to know what grease is recommended. I was going to use white lithium grease but what I cleaned out of it when I disassembled it was a dark color . Thanks in advance.

The dark grease that you are referring to ,is dielectric grease. GN applied that to most of there electrical components that was susceptible to moisture & corrosion. That lithium grease will work perfect on the antenna mass. Wish you well on your project.

The dark grease that you are referring to ,is dielectric grease. GN applied that to most of there electrical components that was susceptible to moisture & corrosion. That lithium grease will work perfect on the antenna mass. Wish you well on your project.

Thanks for the response. I should have the parts here today, anxious to get it together!

a tube of dielectric /tune up grease is like 5 bucks at ace or the wally

I used Teflon super lube on my rebuild with a steel cable but something is amiss. Worked great for a few months but last time I had it out the antenna only extended 10-12 inches and stopped. Retracts fine, I may have to tear it down again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro