Rebuild time

captndave737

I was driving the other day and I started getting a light knock I was 2 miles from home and by got there it was a really bad knock and squeal. I took off the fan belt and I still dad the knock. Checked the torque converter + flywheel bolts which were tight but I can move the crank shaft back and forth at least 1/8"!

I was planning on doing a frame off build in the fall. I guess I'll be getting an early start.

Who in the Raleigh, NC area is the best engine builder? Ideally I'd like to do as much of it as possible myself.

I'm sure someone will chime in on someone more local then you but SteveV up here in VA is awesome! Just curious is this the car in your sig with 210k?!

I was driving the other day and I started getting a light knock I was 2 miles from home and by got there it was a really bad knock and squeal. I took off the fan belt and I still dad the knock. Checked the torque converter + flywheel bolts which were tight but I can move the crank shaft back and forth at least 1/8"!

I was planning on doing a frame off build in the fall. I guess I'll be getting an early start.

Who in the Raleigh, NC area is the best engine builder? Ideally I'd like to do as much of it as possible myself.

Are you on the north or west side of Raleigh ? Richard Clark is in Burlington. Not far from you.

I live in NE Raleigh. I was thinking of Richard Clarks place but wondered if there was a good trusted builder closer.

I was planning on going there for the TB Nationals if he had it again this year anyway.

I live in NE Raleigh. I was thinking of Richard Clarks place but wondered if there was a good trusted builder closer.

I was planning on going there for the TB Nationals if he had it again this year anyway.
Dave,
Their is somebody on this site that has a shop somewhere around Garner, but I can not think who it is,however he does work on our cars. The only other place would be Boyettes Auto on Martin st downtown. They have been there since the 1950's. They have built many race engines. However not sure I would trust anyone messing with our short blocks, unless they had done many of them. I wish you luck with whatever you decide to do.

Ray