Rebuild engine Knoxville TN

GregGnTn

Any one no anyone in Knoxville TN they would recommend to rebuild my stock motor 1986 GN 100,000 ?

what you end up doing. I'm on the hunt for a builder now

One of the members on here recommend a local machine shop that had the experience to rebuild, so I’m pulling out and taking down to him to to short block and I’ll replace the radiator and go with external pump new pistons and cam more than likely, and probably roller rockers and steel crank, just gonna take my time, hoping to get by with 3000.00 or 4000.00 I hope ! Hoping after tore apart I’ll find some parts on here that I can purchase or eBay, keep in touch, thanks

One of the members on here recommend a local machine shop that had the experience to rebuild, so I’m pulling out and taking down to him to to short block and I’ll replace the radiator and go with external pump new pistons and cam more than likely, and probably roller rockers and steel crank, just gonna take my time, hoping to get by with 3000.00 or 4000.00 I hope ! Hoping after tore apart I’ll find some parts on here that I can purchase or eBay, keep in touch, thanks

I know what you mean. I've been doing research and pricing out parts the past couple of days and it's looking like when I get it all done, I won't have $ left to put gas in it lol

So many options, really makes it hard to decide which way to go ? If I had the money I would gladly take to a high end builder, so i have to get this right, sure can’t afford to do this again !

I called them a while back, they said they stopped working on Buick turbo engines, I found a guy in Knoxville Puddin, he says he will help me with my rebuild so going that route. Thanks

The word rebuild gets thrown around quite a bit and means different things to different people and shops.

There are millions of shops that will promise the goods and take your money.
There are statistically very few that will do it right.

If you cant afford to do it again, you should drop it off or ship it to the nearest "known TB shop", like Steve V , and know it's done once, and done right. Of course, this is if you "need" a rebuild on an engine that will easily go 200k miles if treated right.

Good luck.

There was a guy in Nashville that did rebuilds too. Not sure if he's still around or not.
D'Wayne at ICE...