Rear main seal

enruco

Hello all,
I thing I need a rear main seal in my 87 GN. Anybody have any suggestions for a shop to do the work near Barrington R.I.. Also a ball park on the cost.
Thanks in advance!!

To me the hardest part is if the fasteners in the crossover give a guy grief. Once past that the oil pan comes down, then the rear cap. Don't be surprised to find the nylon pieces from the original timing gear in the pan. You will need a neoprene seal so you can "roll" it into place. Make sure you have it facing the correct direction and I like to "off set" it a little. I use some stuff in a tube and a wet coat hanger to do the side slots. Then reassembly.
Not even sure what it might cost. I do it for trade and I do enjoy a cold snack as a reward.

*****Mine cost about $250 to replace. The Crossover pipe would normally have been a big hangup but I had recently replaced it with an aftermarket one and used new bolts, etc... I was amazed how quickly the mechanic did the job! Even happier to not have my garage floor full of oil spots from that stupid leak!!! All of my friends GN's leak oil. Knock on wood, mine seems to be leak free after the seal replacement. A big help was using the special PCV to seal out boost pressure better from the crank case. I have good valve cover gaskets as well. I'm not in R.I. but was happy to pay to fix the leak..

Thank you everybody for your insight and responses. I will check and see how far I am from Bisons.