Rear end quick answers

T-Type85David

What rear ends will bolt right up from other Gm cars, cutless,monte carlos,

cameros?? Going to send my mechanics to go get a rear end for me maybe for my car maybe not.
While im doing so need some info on what to get it from?? i know it needs to be 8.5 rear end, but anything out there with 30spline posi???

carpice?? impala?? trans am?? quick responses guys going in the morning with them.

Only other G-body rears will bolt right up. Camaro uses a torque arm and the Caprice, Impalla are all B-body which are wider. The other G-bodies will have the 7.5 except for the 84HurstOlds and the 85 and up 442's which will have the 8.5 with 3.73's.

Might be a dumb question because im looking for a rear for my nova and maybe regal.

Tho would it be suspect if somebody wanted to swap out rear ends with me or for me??
I know the 8.5 TR rear end cost so would it be suspect??
IDK hmm lets say oh somethings wrong with your rear end thats why your tire blew, someting about my axles being broken?? suspect ?? yea or na?

You can put an A body rear end in but you have to tweek the brackets some to make it work. And I think there's a different modded upper control arm needed to.

Well read my "CLOSE ONE" thread explain a lil why im asking bout rear ends. If all is ok with mine and just need new studs. Im gonna look for a 30 spline posi with 30 spline axle. Tho im sure i have to buy the axles to fit the TR. Will the 30 spline be able to have 3:42 ratio?? or different??

Dont know much about rear ends other then sizes,ratios,very lilttle stuff. Thanks for the help guys.

If you are looking for one for your Nova, a 70-81 F-body diff will swap over. Done quite a few of those swaps. Same spring perch mounts. G-body and 82-present F-body use lower control arms.

first off do you know for sure what rear is in your car 7.5 or 8.5 if you have a 8.5 It sounds to me like there trying to rip you off. And if your axle is messed up you just need to buy a axle not a whole rear end. If you have a 7.5 you need to post on the parts wanted that you need a 8.5 and just bite the bullet and buy one, should be able to get one for around $600-$800 ready to put in. depending on how fast your car is and how fast you want to go I'd say that you would be good with a 7.5 to high 13s in the quarter. Any faster than that and your on borrowed time. good luck

yes u can have a 30 spline with a 3.42 posi i got a 33 spline with a 3.42 8.5 you can get the 30 spline with the limited slip posi or a spool

i thought i couldnt run a spool?? yeah if i can get a posi 30 spline thats fine with me. I have a 8.5 rear end and i look at the junkyard today for any all 7.5 or if they were 8.5 it was older cars leaf springs. Tho it looked to be Posi Units (off a 70's camero) i wonder if i can use it. rear end was dropped already and cover was off, looked good. Yeah it didnt sound right to me, im sure its not my father in law its his workers wanted to ripp me off. :mad:

Well im just gonna have them put new studs and take it home. Tho i did see some parts i wanted, braces, lost of big sway bars(already got it) malbu wagons etc etc but just went to look and get a spare LOL dont want to be without a spare again! EVER!

check with moser axles or a moser dist they stock all the way up but to answer your question yes 30 spline axles no problem the limited slip is better for everyday street driving the spool is ok better for strip use my opinion

70-81 Camaro and T/A rear end are 8.5. They are leaf spring rear ends. You can swap axles and posi 's out of them. Cadillac Sevilles 76-78 also can be used and they also use disc brake on their rear ends..

yeah i found a posi 8.5 leaf spring on a camero(shark body 70's) i can use that?? great, i forgot how to tell the gear ratio on it?? the rear was dropped already 2 and diff cover taken off. insides looked great, no rust at all.

need to find out how much diff are at the junk.