Rear disc brakes

Where are they hitting?
They look very similar to mine except the E Brake
Post some pics

Last edited:
I'm going to change to a GM Proportioning Valve 4 Wheel Disc Brakes from Summit racing

Where are they hitting?
They look very similar to mine except the E Brake
Post some pics

I attached some pics, The rim is hitting the caliper where it is welded. I’m going to try a small spacer and see if that fixes the issue.

Attachments

• 178E7A22-2E1B-4F0E-9E5B-9552C6866ED9.jpeg
    178E7A22-2E1B-4F0E-9E5B-9552C6866ED9.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 157
  • 1DC59DF1-4419-466C-951B-3F1411E060AA.jpeg
    1DC59DF1-4419-466C-951B-3F1411E060AA.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 167
Hope the sparer works it should
Those look like they have to E Brake too
Summit part number SUM-760185
In the reviews someone used it on a GN and said it worked great stopped the car much better

Finished up the rear disc brake conversion
The 36 year old hydro boost started leaking bad and the brake light came on driving home a month ago
I expected that was coming with the change's
New power steering pump
New non stock power steering reservoir
along with the rear disc brake change
So finding a rebuild 84 hydro boost was tough ordered one from different chain's picture was correct but wrong unit was shipped to me
So I found that Rock auto would rebuild your unit so removed my unit and sent it to Rock Auto and it was rebuild by Cardone
Got in back in two weeks and reinstalled it without any issues
Needed help from the wife to move the unit around bit to get the pedal reattached replaced the stock master cylinder with a new not rebuilt
Took a while to get things working as I did not bench bleed the master cylinder and had leaks at the new proportioning valve
Everything now is working better than rear drum brakes E brakes are on and working now so a happy camper:)
Bought another 84 hydro boost from intercooled88 and sent that out for rebuild as a spare was rebuilt and shipped to me today.

Last edited: