Really nice 87 GN in Socal w/ttops, 61K mi, never been raced!

rileydawgg

Pristine, never raced, super straight, CA car, two-owner, true GN w/ 61K orig mi. First owner was a CHP officer and rarely drove it, always garaged. I bought it almost two years ago (put less than 10000 miles on it), but need room for the next car on my list... 67-68 Camaro. Has never seen a track. It was my daily driver for about six months, so all maintenance was done to keep it so, and feel confident about taking it on a road trip anywhere. I bought it and paint was good for these GM lacquer 80s paint jobs… only minimal spiderwebbing, etc. But it was starting to fade in places and these cars are supposed to shine, so I had it repainted. It was done by very reputable shop that specializes in muscle cars – emblems, lights, parts, etc all properly removed and painted. No rust, body is super straight, never been in an accident.

Nicely optioned too – Concert Sound, twilight sentinel, pw, pl, power drivers seat. Stock radio in mint condition; antenna works! I’ve upgraded both the springs (Eibach) and shocks (Bilsteins, not cheap KYBs) – makes a HUGE difference. I still have the stock springs and shocks if you want them. I also have SC&C's front chassis brace which made a big difference. Like a lot of GN owners, I have replaced the Powermaster with vacuum (still have the original PM if you want it). Car has new pads and rotors as well.

I also had the top of the line Viper security system installed with GPS satellite tracking. Even if somebody came and helicoptered off with the car, you would be able to track them via your phone or any computer and kill the engine. It wasn’t cheap, but gave me a lot of piece of mind. Car has a brand new battery as well, and just got a tuneup a couple weeks ago.

Car drives great. Shifts hard and fast when you want it to, but nice when driving around. Handles better than any Grand National was meant to. All the electrical works. Stock turbo still spools hard. Interior in perfect condition. I do have the notorious slow windows, but they close firmly. T-tops in excellent condition, and I have the original GM storage bags.

When I bought it, Lou Czarnota aka Turbo Lou, went through the whole car top to bottom... fixed rear seal, coil pack, etc. I have that paperwork as well as everything else I’ve purchased and maintenance done on the car. It has not been run hard at a track or pushed with bigger turbos, injectors, etc. I'll leave that up to you. Only things I might recommend if you are going to drive it alot, are possibly new tires if you have actual seasons where you live and maybe new radiator; I always wanted to upgrade to aluminum rad, never got around to it. AC recently serviced and R112 filled. Yes, I found a place that had it and it blows ice cold.

Hopefully you can tell that I have a lot of love for this car and have treated it well. I want somebody to enjoy it as much as I have. Asking $16K. I have a lot more pics than these, just email me.

GrandNational002-1.jpg

GrandNational003.jpg

GrandNational019.jpg

GrandNational038.jpg

GrandNational007.jpg

GrandNational005.jpg