Real 1000 Hp Engine builders?

Not sure if a reliable 1000hp motor existis either way. That much power is a track only deal and useless on the street. Also it is unatainable by most financially. If your smart and selling the the masses thats not the demograpic to target.

LS motors are better for the average joe IMO becuse of price and availability. I actually just bought an LS1 motor for this exact reason. Locally I can easily find $600 dollar complete LS series engines and $50 used cranks capable of 1000+hp. These are just a few examples of why I chose to make the switch.

Why not just call either or both of them and go from there, these threads can get ugly pretty quickly.[/QUOTE]

I agree and that is not what I was looking to do ,just compare products.The 1000HP was just a number to represent big HP:wink:

Kevin

Either way, you're talking about a select few and Nick is your guy if you want to go TA and 1k HP, Dan at DLS is another very respected big HP guy.

Why not just call either or both of them and go from there, these threads can get ugly pretty quickly.

800 to 900 is my goal. I called Nick and will go with a TA block.
It may be silly but why wouldn't you want a 1000HP street car :biggrin:

My builder has had bad experiences with TA motors on the street. They all seem to need a vacuum pump. Long story short, he's putting his stage II motor back in one car to use it more on the street and a stage I block in his wife's car.................
Then I would suggest you find another engine builder? [See above post from Travis as an example!]:confused:

We have done as many street builds as strip builds with the TA block, and never have had that problem when done right. The TA block is built to Stage II specs, but stronger.

The TA block has developed over 1500 HP on the dyno.

To answer the original post, at the 1000 HP level, the LS or Buick engine build would cost about the same because none of the stock LS internals will live at that level either.
Nick just outta curiosity how many TA blocks have been sold?

Last I heard it was around 50-60. Thats doesnt seem like very many considering how long they have been around. Is that number true?

In keeping w/.....

So my question to some of the experts is why don't more guys build a V6 with the T/A all alum block and supporting heads:confused:Is this a better combination than the older stage I and II stuff:confused:When you get to 800 plus HP it is expensive no matter what you build:eek:Just a thought:cool:

Kevin

the original ?, I have found the cost, at least for me, is REALLY up there! I hope one day to be able to have one built, using the parts I now have in my sg-1 block. Minus the girdle(if I don't need it?) The cost of the block + the machining would have added a lot:eek: to the build.(instead of stock size 3.8 J/E slugs, it would have been 4.1's) So w/o the added cost of the T/A block and machining, you're talking near 17-20k. Then add another 7-8k?=!!!! What average family man can afford to build that? Not me:frown:!

Whoa 50-60 $10k + builds seems like more than I'd have thought were in this crowd. :eek::biggrin:

I just went through all of this, this year. I tried to do a fair and complete cost analysis.

I ended up going with a stageII for cost reasons and access to builders closer to my area. The Buick stuff its different enough with all of the crazy tolerances; add the increased difficult of aluminum and its a receipt most are not going to get right. RPE engine builders educated me of the aluminum engine pros and cons. Its not a big deal if you know how to work with it.

The cost of the TA block and machining adds appox 3k over a moderate stageII build. There is extra machining the TA block as I understand it. Expect for the timing setups, all other parts that I can think of are dollar for dollar.

Nick is able to cut some pretty good deals on parts and labor to build a TA setup, he made it very difficult for me when I was in the decision stage.

A few thousand to me is a big deal, for I was trying to the most HP for $. Example I paid 1800 for stage II block. However, if I made the right choice considering weight (over the nose), cracking between freeze plugs, years of abuse causing slight distortions, I don't want to know.:confused: