Re-locating to Northwest Florida

Just about to hit us and it looks like rain behind the Thunderstorm all the way behind it over to your area. Went to cars and coffee this AM, and had to duck into a gas station overhang to put the T-Tops in. Got caught this AM too. Maybe next month, without AC it would be miserable driving over with windows up.
Is the car meet this Sunday? If so I'll head that way.

Yes, this is third Sunday and we should be meeting at Santa Rosa Mall around 10 AM. I'll poll some of the other guys and see if I can get a head count, or talk up some interest. We had a low turnout last month as it was Father's day. Here is a picture from last month. Paul, Joe, hope you guys can make it. maybe some of the other guys that were on-line earlier can get out too. We need some new ideas and cars, and I'd love to see a row of GNs in the next picture I post.

Attachments

• 18 June 2017 Fathers Day cruise.jpg
    18 June 2017 Fathers Day cruise.jpg
    830.7 KB · Views: 109
Yes, this is third Sunday and we should be meeting at Santa Rosa Mall around 10 AM. I'll poll some of the other guys and see if I can get a head count, or talk up some interest. We had a low turnout last month as it was Father's day. Here is a picture from last month. Paul, Joe, hope you guys can make it. maybe some of the other guys that were on-line earlier can get out too. We need some new ideas and cars, and I'd love to see a row of GNs in the next picture I post.
I can finally test out my new tires and shocks. See you there.

Thanks for the update. I don't have facebook, but had my son look it up and still no place to meet? Heard there was a cars and coffee over at Bass Pro Shop in your area this AM Went to our cars and coffee and finally no rain. I'm definitely up for a run somewhere today if the weather holds. Let me know if a place comes up or you just want to meet somewhere over there. I should probably go work on AC in car, but not sure I have everything I need like an air-conditioned garage.

Thanks for the update. I don't have facebook, but had my son look it up and still no place to meet? Heard there was a cars and coffee over at Bass Pro Shop in your area this AM Went to our cars and coffee and finally no rain. I'm definitely up for a run somewhere today if the weather holds. Let me know if a place comes up or you just want to meet somewhere over there. I should probably go work on AC in car, but not sure I have everything I need like an air-conditioned garage.

Not yet...

There is an event in Robertsdale as well that I'll probably start going to as it looks like it gets a decent crowd. Last SAT of each month, 5PM-8PM at Sonic (next to O'Reilley Auto Parts).

https://www.facebook.com/CDSonicCruiseIn/

And then there is the Sonic in Foley, every third Friday of the month. Cruise In at Sonic in Foley, Hwy 59. March thru November event.

Gear Jammers Car Club of Baldwin County posted this to their FB page:

New Show List from our meeting last night. All run 0800/1600.
9/2/17 First Baptist Church, Foley AL. 0800/1600

9/9/17 Niceville FL. Emerald Coast Car Show 0800/1600

10/14/17 Navarro Beach Show, Navarro FL.

10/21/17 Mobile Dauphin Way Baptist Church. Mobile AL..

10/21/17 Benefit Teen Challenge, Foley AL.

11/11/17 Post 44 American Legion Hwy 59 South.
Veterans Day Car Show 0800 to 1500

11/17, 18, 2017 Pensacola 28th Annual Arts and Crafts Show 0900/1500.

And Eastern Shore Cruisers tries to update regularly...

http://easternshorecruisers.com/upcoming_events

OK, third Sunday here at Santa Rosa Mall this Sunday morning at 10. Had the Buick out today and only got sideways twice. Anybody else gonna make it? Any of you original guys on this post ever get your cars here?

Holy crap! I am finally able to post here. I'm another dude stationed at Hurbie, I'm usually at the Commando till about 730 then in Contracting. I've made it to the Navarre Classic Car meet but never crossed another GN. Beach Castle Burger does a Cars and Cigars meet (not doing it during the winter) where I met two other GN guys. I'm looking forward to meet more GNs in the area. Maybe we can hit the track after the holidays.

Glad to have you join us sometime. I had my Buick out last Sunday for our third Sunday cruise. Haven't been out to Navarre on a Friday for a while. Been a little weak in GN turn out, best time of year since it's a little cooler. Definitely need a track day, haven't been up since they reopened and have a new set of drag radials to break in. Friend has a beefed up SS chevy truck he just got running right and added nitrous, may need someone to hold the Buick flag. I may have a little trouble with this one as I have the slowest GN in town, but at least it runs and I get to drive it. Time for plug change and burn out the old gas to get ready. I don't have fakebook, so maybe you can read gordyzx9r post above and let me know when we can cruise over there.

Great guys in Panama City too. Don't think I made it over there this year, but used to go meet up at their monthly cruise. My car was in paint shop for 9 months, and like I said, need to burn out some old gas. Let me know when Friday Fest starts up again, need to get Buick out some more.

Great guys in Panama City too. Don't think I made it over there this year, but used to go meet up at their monthly cruise. My car was in paint shop for 9 months, and like I said, need to burn out some old gas. Let me know when Friday Fest starts up again, need to get Buick out some more.

Who did your paint job? If you don’t mind me asking. I may take mine in for paint this Spring.

I looked at that fb post, seems like their last cruise was on Dec 9 in AL.

This pic was at Cars and Cigars in Mary Esther.

Attachments

• F0031BD7-3C5E-4E86-B661-8DA5746CCADE.jpeg
    F0031BD7-3C5E-4E86-B661-8DA5746CCADE.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Premier paint and Body - 37 Beal Pkwy NE - did the paint. Came out very nice and be glad to show it to you. We have some pretty good paint shops around here, but I have no regrets letting Jordan do the work. Jseverin is at Herbie and been out a couple of times, and Pwt has been out a few times too. Some other guys showed up once, but didn't have their cars here yet. Be great if we could get 'em all together and have a group like down at Panama City. Next Cruise will be 21 Jan. Not sure the Emerald Coast Dragway is open that day. Calendar shows a blank on the 21st. I'll try and watch this website a little more so let me know if your going out sometime.

Good deal, I’ll try to spread the word. I may swing by the track on the 30th since I haven’t been in a while.

OK, any of you local buick guys want to meet up at Wal-Mart Navarre at 7 and plan to head over to Copperbull 7278 Navarre parkway after that. Short suspense, but I'm up to get the Buick out.

OK, any of you local buick guys want to meet up at Wal-Mart Navarre at 7 and plan to head over to Copperbull 7278 Navarre parkway after that. Short suspense, but I'm up to get the Buick out.
When would you want to set this up?

gorge1087 and I got together last night on short suspense. Good time hanging out showing off the GNs. Had a little fun headed home and as I suspected, I still have the slowest from a roll or off the line. Damp roads made traction impossible, but did manage to lay down a (tire) smoke screen at one of the lights - if you can't win, put on a show!
Not sure when we will get together again. Gorge mentioned the track on the 30th, I need to see what family schedule is. If you see a cruise come up and plan on going, post here and we can always see who can make it. That goes for any GNs/T-Types in the area. I haven't given up on heading over to East Shore AL or Panama City either.

Merry Christmas

Attachments

• two GNs.jpg
    two GNs.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 76
Thanks for coming out last night man, it was fun for sure. I still plan on going to the track next Saturday. If anything else comes up I’ll post it here.