Rattle

bgndobe

86 GN
So I was sitting in my car in the garage the other day, waiting for the weather to get nice so I can put insurance back on it, and I noticed (for about the hundredth time), that the steering column rattles like a piece of plastic is loose. Actually it its!
The piece immediately below the steering wheel (plastic collar type thing), is loose and rattles enough to drive me nuts.
How do you "tighten" this thing. I don't see any screws or clips or anything.
I'm sure there's a lot of guys out there who've had this, and have a real simple fix for me.
Thanks in advance.

Easy question..I have done hundreds of these as they are even lose on very low milage cars.

You need to remove your horn center the real allen head screws are at 3 annd 9 o clock....once done you need a wheel puller to pull your steering wheel off

Once done you will see the base collar and 3 small screws think they are 7mm...reinstall them into the plastic collar to the base of your steering wheel

reverse the process and presto you eliminate that rattle and can focus on the next rattle.

I just did one the other nite on a car I bought...not to mention over 200 others...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Easy question..I have done hundreds of these as they are even lose on very low milage cars.

You need to remove your horn center the real allen head screws are at 3 annd 9 o clock....once done you need a wheel puller to pull your steering wheel off

Once done you will see the base collar and 3 small screws think they are 7mm...reinstall them into the plastic collar to the base of your steering wheel

reverse the process and presto you eliminate that rattle and can focus on the next rattle.

I just did one the other nite on a car I bought...not to mention over 200 others...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Thanks, Dennis. I developed the same rattle and wondered where to tighten it.