Rarest TR Option??!!

Of course.....BUT were not here for the reasons behind the way these cars were optioned, Just HOW yours is!!....;) Like i've said, haven't seen another like it in my 20 years of being around these cars.........:biggrin:

Ken B.

My 87 has manual seats, manual, locks, manual windows, remote trunk, CCII with non EQ radio, no rear defrost, dual remote mirrors.

I would say a 87 Base regal with Turbo engine, alum drums, alum bumper, posi, radio delete, no power would be rare. I would love to have a light blue one with DK blue int....dream on.
Ordered my T with as few options as I could, even tried to get A/C delete:rolleyes:
Only ordered the necessities, LC2, G80, Concert Sound II, black out and T package w/ console & buckets.

Light Metallic Blue, Blue interior...mine since May 5 1987.:)

Attachments

• Buick T 013.jpg
    Buick T 013.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 544
Ok...I have THE rarest option. 87 GN With radio delete AND power antenna!!! Have NEVER seen another like it in 20+ years. Thank you......thank you very much....:D

Ken B.

RE-Read my post my limited came radio delete power antenna as well. I added the CS2,Radio & factory wiring & speakers.

Ok Brian.........You and I have the RAREST ones then!!:D

Ken B.

Honestly Ken you are the first I have ever heard that had that besides me. I think the alky cars are the rarest optioned cars in my opinion. Not sure if that counts since they were not sold to the public as an option.

The craziest optioned cars I have ever seen have always been the limiteds.

I have the ULTRA rare Twin Turbo, FBI, high speed pursuit option T-Type. I have been hearing about them for the 20 years that I have been playing with Turbo Buicks. Here is PROOF that Buick made a twin turbo car!!!! It even has AC, power steering, pwr windows, pwr door locks, landau padded vinyl top, chrome bumpers (so the drug dealers don't notice it) and remote trunk release ('cept on this one, the button is located under the brake release lever) It also has top secret alcohol injection. It injects alcohol into the plenum through 6 nozzles. I am thinking of putting it on E-bay for $250,000. Anyone else have one of these twin turbo pursuit cars? They are the rarest of ALL Turbo Regals! I have not had it floored on the freeway, as it is WAY too fast and it would require clearance from the FAA to go that fast! Anyone with a space suite want to drive it? It does need to be throttled up every once in a while. (that's what the paperwork says that came with it.) I think Buzz Lightyear use to do the testing in it. (it came with a Buzz Lightyear driving suit) To Infiniti and beyond!!!!!:biggrin:

Attachments

• Copy of PICT0640.JPG
    Copy of PICT0640.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 498
  • Copy of PICT0547.JPG
    Copy of PICT0547.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 501
  • BOP race 9-23-06 010.jpg
    BOP race 9-23-06 010.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 499
  • PICT0058.JPG
    PICT0058.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 502
whats the differrence between the 60/40 and the 45/45 seats.. not really sure wich one i have..... does any one have any pics??? thanks.... dont know how rare mine can be......ill try posting up a picture if i can... and also whic one is the shorty console??? thanks

I have posted pix of several different combinations. The pillow type (both leather and velour) were the Limited ones in '87 but the leather could be had in the T-Type in '86. I've not seen a velour pillow type seat in an '86 but have seen both tan(buckskin?) and grey in the '86. The 45/45 would generally have the "short" concole in reference to its length as its height was taller than the long console.

It appears as I have "limited out"(Couldn't resist) on my attachment so I'll post more in the next post.

Attachments

• tr3.jpg
    tr3.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 436
  • bluecar012.jpg
    bluecar012.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 461
  • 2004_0523Nats040042 (Medium).JPG
    2004_0523Nats040042 (Medium).JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 442
  • 86 w benchPA0193--1G4GK4773GP453545-pa0193-intfull-25.jpg
    86 w benchPA0193--1G4GK4773GP453545-pa0193-intfull-25.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 604
  • driversgreyleather.jpg
    driversgreyleather.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 443
more interior pix

the second last pic in the previous post is of the base 60/40 bench. In Kirban's book he states the '86 leather was very rare. I believe it as I only know of two I have seen(One was dark blue with tan leather and the other was black w/ grey leather).

I do love these type(couldn't resist again) discussions of the various option combinations. I used to like the real stripped down street racer special type cars, but as I get older I really like the leather with lots of power options. I'd really like to come across some of the ones I've seen in the past including the black limited I looked at in north Dallas at least 15 yrs ago. Grey Leather gut, CF5, cornering lamps, and Chrome trim. Or the Grey Limited I used to see in Carrolton with the half vinyl top. Or the Two tone grey/silver '87 I looked at in '88 or '89 buckets with the CF5. All were way out of my budget then as well as now but they were really nice cars when I looked at them. I wish I had pix of them.

Are these the kind of pix you were looking for Royal_6?

Attachments

• greyconsole.jpg
    greyconsole.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 436
  • passgreyleather.jpg
    passgreyleather.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 447
  • reargreyleather.jpg
    reargreyleather.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 437
  • 6687.jpg
    6687.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 455
  • red 87 limited 011.jpg
    red 87 limited 011.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 441
I was told because of the color

heres the options

AR9 seats, reclining bucket
AU3 power door locks
A01 tinted glass
A31 power windows
A90 power trunk release
BD1 rocker panel moulding trim delete
BS1 acoustical insulation pkg
BV8 ornamintation exterior door lock cylinders
BW3 ornamentation extra roof window trim (painted)
BX5 ornamentation ,exterior moulding roof drip (painted)
B24 side window reveal mouldings (black)
B48 trim package luggage compartment
B71 wheel moulding (colored)
B72 ornamentation ,exterior moulding belt reveal (colored)
B77 ornamentation,exterior moulding w/s reveal (colored)
B79 ornametation,exterior rear end
B88 moulding body side (custom)
B89 ornamentation, exterior moulding,RR window reveal
B91 exterior moulding, door edge gaurd (colored)
B94 ornamentation, exterior emblem ,body,var 1
CD4 windsheild wiper system (pulse)
CF5 roof,sun,glass sliding,elec
C18 arm and blade WSW
C60 HVAC system,air conditioner frt man controls
C95 lamp, intr,roof,courtesy and dual reading
D55 console, frt compt,floor
D64 mirror,l/s,rh,sunshade,illum
D68 mirror o/s,lh&rh,rem cont,painted
D71 gear speedo driven
D85 stripe,body side, lower accent
E5Z speedo adapter delete (analog cluster only)
FE3 suspension system (sport)
GU6 axle rear 3.42 ratio
G80 positraction,limited slip
G87 ring gear 8.50 10 bolt axle
J41 brake system,pwr,frt disc,rr drum,cast iron
J5O brake system power
KO9 generator 120 amp
K34 cruise control automatic,electronic
LC2 ENGINE,gas,6cyl,3.8L,SFI,V6,TURBO,H.O
MW9 Transmission,auto,4spd,THM 200, Conv clutch
MXO merchandised,trans,auto provisions,O/D
NA5 emissions system,federal, tier 0
NP5 steering wheel (leather wrapped)
NQ5 cap steering,wheel,horn,deluxe
N33 steering colum,tilt type
N89 wheel" turbo" aluminum
QYH tire all p215/65r15/n wol r/pe st tl HWY
TL6 Grille (black)
TL8 ornametation ,exterior,hood, (3.8 SFI TURBO)
TT5 headlamps halogen 4
T47 HOOD (TURBO)
T63 headlamp on warning provision system
T82 headlamps auto on/off/cont
T83 headlamps,dr,(special)
T93 lamp,tail&stop (special)

UA6 theft detterant system
UQ1 provisions for stereo
US7 antenna,power,painted radio
UW4 speaker system,6,dual frt dash mtd f/d,dual
U23 cluster,inst,trim odom
VD6 bumper provisions,frt,aluminum
VD7 bumper provisions RR,aluminum
VK3 license plate mounting pkg
WO2 package SPORT APPEARANCE
Y56 merchandising package GRAN TOURING
19A stripe color accent two tone med gray met/black
54U Primary color exterior, MED FLAX (91) YELLOW BEIGE
62B Trim comb, light saddle cloth
62I trim int light saddle (I)

whats that^^^^^^t83 and t93? :confused:

Ok, my 87 Turbo T has the manual outside chrome mirrors (RPO code DR3). I was told by Kirban himself that only a handful of turbo regals had this option. By the way, I have the wo2 blackout package, which makes this chrome mirror option so weird :confused: Could this possibly be the rarest option for the tr??
I have this also with manual locks/windows and the only option is astro roof

TexasT the last pic you posted with the Tan interior is the Red limited with power antenna & radio delete originally.
Wife's 86 wh-1 had the same interior as well. It now has a 87 GN interior black & gray on black & gray.