Rarest factory car

Pontiac Fiero PPG Pace Car

My co-worker is huge into Fieros. He just bought, 2 months ago, an 86 or 87 Pontiac PPG Pace Car. There were only 6 built and only one sold to the public, which is the one my buddy just bought. He bought it last year and is the first public owner. The car was donated to a school to use in an automotive class. Otherwise, the other 5 are in the GM warehouse. -----Jeremy

Originally posted by smokinttype
How about the 5 Oak Ridge test cars that the Government did their alky/methanol testing with?

I have found 4 of the 5

#1. I own one

#2. A guy that works in Piegon Forge at the Shoney's owns one.

#3. An old acquaintance had one stolen from him, its just stripped down to nothing now...

#4. A guy by the nick name of "Boost" off this forum (not sure which guy) owns one.

#5. Is not accounted for.

:confused: Please do tell more about these vehicles

1983 Corvette

I just visited the corvette plant last week and I heard some of the plant's older workers talking about older cars and they said that the 83 vette was scraped except for one car that was actually saved by a plant employee. The hid the car in one of the plant's back lots and I think the car is probably in the vette mueseum now.

The Govt. did some methanol testing back in the mid-late 80's, They orderd 5 of this same car. It has no options... 60/40, column shift etc etc kinda car. However you CAN tell these cars apart from all other t-types and gn's. These cars have BIG 3/4" Goodyear blue fuel lines, nickel plated (on the inside) fuel rails, and a HUGE 30 gallon stainless steel gas tank. They were all blue w/ stainless trim.

Re: 1983 Corvette

Originally posted by Waco84GN
I just visited the corvette plant last week and I heard some of the plant's older workers talking about older cars and they said that the 83 vette was scraped except for one car that was actually saved by a plant employee. The hid the car in one of the plant's back lots and I think the car is probably in the vette mueseum now.

Last time i was at the museum that 83 vette was on display--it is a white c4 body that IS titled as a 83.

Geoff

1971 Plymouth "Cuda" 440/6 bbl convertible. 6 known to have been built.

rare/ or never heard of?

How about a Maybach,
its the elite luxury car, for the filthy rich.
and heres a link to the Maybach, Exelero.
a V12, twin turbo, 700 hp.
talk about "look at me"

I saw a Maybach and an '80 something Ferrari GTO driving around town last summer. That Ferrari is stll one of my favorite cars of all time.

Enzo

I saw a Ferrari Enzo a few months back. I couldn't believe it, especially since I am in Canada. I didn't think any would make it here.

Ravi

Re: Enzo

Originally posted by TRFanatic
I saw a Ferrari Enzo a few months back. I couldn't believe it, especially since I am in Canada. I didn't think any would make it here.

Ravi
Rare site! what color? I was lucky enough to see the Enzos stablemate, Maserati MC12 racing version, one of two at Mid Ohio sports car coarse at last weeks American LeMans Series, car was racing, nice!:D

There is an 05 blue Saleen S7 running around Plano. Car looks bad ass and the sticker was $566,713.00 One of only 36 in the US.

Does the callaway corvette "sledgehammer"count as a factory produced car?

I think this was a twin turbo 350ci.

I doubt many were made

I saw the first hemi Cuda ever made the other weekend at the Auburn auction. The car wasn't in very good shape but it was all original. I think it had like 7x,xxx miles on it. The bidding went up to $280k but was turned down if I remember right. I got some pictures that I might upload in a little bit.