RARE !! Sonny Yunick - Diamond Pistons !!

m233roller

Banned
I have a set of Diamond forged pistons that are still in the original Diamond box with the spec. card for these pistons. The spec. card has the name YUNICK on the upper left corner so I'm sure these were for a project of Sonny's back in the day. Some of the packing newspaper is dated 1985. These came out of his estate after he passed on. Here's what's on the spec. card..

Piston Spec. Card

Bore Size = 4.003
Stroke = Then says Comp. Ht. 1.590
Ring Grooves:
Top = 1/16
Second = 1/16
Oil Ring = 3/16
Pin Dia. = .927
Pin Length = 2.750
Pin Locks:
Type = 5107
Width = .043
Amount = Double
Piston Wt. = 540

These are pistons ONLY ! NO ! wrist pins.

Someone should be able to use these in a 4.1 build??
If nothing else these would be a Rare collector item.
I'll take $400 and $25 shipping and insurance for them in the lower 48. If you'd like pics. send me your email and I'll send them.:D

I actually talked with him a few years before he passed away. Good old timer with great passion for engines and racing. This was before my Buick stuff got ahold of me but I sure remember that phone call today.
What a great life he had..
~Scott

I actually talked with him a few years before he passed away. Good old timer with great passion for engines and racing. This was before my Buick stuff got ahold of me but I sure remember that phone call today.
What a great life he had..
~Scott

Not to try to clutter the thread but you need to read his autobiography. It is written in "southern racing english." Virtually unedited in any way including grammar. :eek: It's almost TOO honest.