** Rare 1989 Buick T-Type GREAT CONDITION!! 70 PICS !**

Henry

The 87-89 Lesabre T-type

The T-type designation was used by Buick throughout the 80's as a performance package. Its most famous application was the awesome Regal T-type, adding a legendary turbocharged V6 to the midsize coupe, creating one of the fastest cars of the 80's. One car to use this designation that isn't as well known is the Lesabre. Built from '87 to '89, the Lesabre T-type represents the highest performing H-body. Although not as outstanding as its Regal sibling, it was a notch above other Lesabres. Original plans called for a turbo, but transmission durability problems limited engine output. Instead Buick turned to overall improvement. First, acceleration was improved by using a performance axle, geared lower than most Lesabres. Styling was greatly improved by Grand National inspired black out trim, aluminum wheels and front and rear spoilers. The interior was improved by installing a console with shift lever, and front bucket seats. A Pontiac-style red-orange dash cluster was used to accent the t-type badges and other interior changes. Finally, the handling was greatly improved by installing a huge 1.25-inch sway bar in front and a .75-inch bar in the rear.

With all these great features, it's no wonder most T-type owners love their cars, and won't part with them easily. Comfortable but agile, smooth but fast, beautiful but not flashy, the Lesabre T-type is in a class all its own. The power from the Buick 3800 V6 is amazing, the handling is confidence inspiring, and the interior is among the most comfortable. Buick hit the mark with this car, and many will be enjoying this car for years.

"The cabin is spacious, the seats are comfy, and the drivetrain is pleasant and perky."
-Car and Driver Aug. 1987

"It does a great job of blending a performance image with a bread and butter car that might otherwise be overlooked."
-Hot Rod Oct. 1986

The T-type package Included:

- Special Aluminum Wheels
- Gran Touring suspension
- 2.97:1 ratio transaxle
- Leather wrapped sport steering wheel
- Red and amber tail lamps
- Dual exhaust outlets
- Black bodyside molding treatment
- Lay-down hood ornament
- Unique 45/45 seats
- Blackout trim
- Rear deck spoiler (88-89)
- Front air dam
- ETR AM/FM stereo with red backlighting
- Blacked-out instrument panel controls
- Special gauge package with red backlighting
- T-type Identification

Little known facts:

- 15,938 T-types were made over the three years; 4123 in '87, 6426 in '88, and 5389 in '89.
- In '86 there was a Lesabre Grand National, 117 were built.
- The option code for the T-type was WE2.
- T-type can be found in four colors: Black, White, Silver and Maroon.
- The only exterior T-type badges are on the pillar, and in the Lesabre badge.
- Most if not all 87 T-types did not come with a rear spoiler.
- Only '87's came with black and grey GN style seating.
- '87's had 150hp '88's and '89's had 165hp.
- GM's retail price for a front spoiler is $750.
- The T-type package cost about $2000 extra.
- The T-type was billed as a separate model, but was actually a special option package.
- The center console and steering wheel can be found on other Buicks.
- Some '87 and '88 models had plastic front fenders.
- There were H-body 2-door Olds' and Buicks, but no Pontiacs.
- A T package was a available on the 4-door Lesabre.
- The T-type's suspension was the most aggresive available in an H-body
- The Electra T-type shared many parts with the Lesabre T-type.
- The T package was available on: Regal, Lesabre, Electra, Century, and Skyhawk in '87.

MORE INFO Here The Buick Lesabre T-type and HERE 1987-1989 LeSabre T-Type

I need to sell my very RARE 1989 Buick LeSabre T-Type.

It has the normal rock chips, faded hood emblem and such, from being driven for its Pampered 66k life.

Since I have owned it... it has Not seen the rain,snow or any foul weather for that matter it is garaged and stays there unless there is a nice weekend day to go for a cruise to the park or something.

It has:
- New OEM AC Delco spark plugs
- New OEM Fuel Filter
- Fresh oil change using 5w30 FULL Synthetic oil, along with my usual can of "Restore" and a New OEM AC Delco Oil Filter
- New 4 wheel brakes including, Pads, Shoes, Rotors, Drums, and even Rear Wheel Cylinders ( preventative maintenance for cars that sit most of there lives )
- Brake fluid flushed
- New Water Pump
- Tires have good tread left (ALL Four Tires Now Match because im picky/anal like that .)
- New OEM AC Delco Air Filter too !

The car is my baby and is driven like a lil ol lady would, since it is so RARE and IRREPLACEABLE, plus I have a daily driver if I feel the need to floor a car or go speeding around or something.

The Front spoiler is in very good shape and only has minor rock chips and such, not broken or anything. The Rear spoiler was painted before I bought the car... its not 110% perfect and has some minor waves in it and some tiny cracks ( as seen in pics ) but it looks great from a couple feet away.

The interior is just about MINT ( for some reason my crappy camera makes the different types of Fabric reflect light differently to the camera so it makes it look strange but I assure you... its nearly Showroom MINT as the day it rolled out of the dealership. Only flaw I know of is a tiny lil hole on the drivers side of the side bolter on the seat, thats so small it doesn't even show up on pics very well.

The car has a Arizona dealership sticker on the trunk when I got it, but I removed it to clean up there rear end of the car a bit more ( I still have it , its in the glove box ) but that leads me to believe that the car was originally from Arizona and thus why it has no Rust on the body.

The windows roll up and down slowly ( Ive heard its common for these cars and maybe need to be lubed ? ) but it hasn't bothered me that much so I haven't risked harming the Perfect door panels the car has.

The only other thing I can think of is there is small defect that I noticed ( because I'm Extremely picky person and nit pick Everything ) on the drivers door that looks like someone door dinged the very edge of the door slightly. Its hardly noticeable with the door guards that the previous owner installed on the edged of the doors.

This car is very Low mileage ( Only 66k ) is definitely one of the Very Cleanest and Pampered. ( It gets waxed nearly weekly regardless of weather it leaves the garage or not ! lol )

Comes with related books and T-Type LeSabre memorabilia including the "Standard Buick Catalog" Pricing Guide/Options/Model information Encyclopedia , The Buick " Heart of a Winner " 3800 V6/T-Type sales ad , and 1989 Buick New car sales brochure and Also a CLEAN CARFAX verifying the car has never been in a serious wreck, Never been flooded and that the Mileage is True and accurate !

Also the rims are in good shape with only minor scrapes/scruff from its previous owner that aren't easily noticeable unless you get on your hands and knees more or less and still have the Factory Sticker from the Assembly Plant on the rims, the stickers were supposed to be washed off when the car is PDI'd for New Car Delivery at the Dealership but mine was not ... and still has All Four Factory stickers on them...making them VERY VERY Rare ...if not one of a Kind/Priceless !

I live in Overland Park Kansas so I am centrally located in the middle of the US. Pick up only/fly in drive home.

Condition of the car is between a 1 and a 2 ( a 1 1/2 in my mind ) putting the Value ( According to "Standard Buick Catalog 3rd Edition" Pricing Guide) at somewhere between $9,500 - 6,650 range... I will sacrifice it if the Buyer gives me there honest to goodness word that they will care for it the same I have since I have owned it for only $5,000.

Cash or Money Order/Cashiers Check only.

100_8199.jpg

Here are the pics showing its GREAT condition and how CLEAN it is kept !

tn_100_8147.jpg

tn_100_8160.jpg

tn_100_8167.jpg

tn_100_8169.jpg

tn_100_8174.jpg

tn_100_8163.jpg

tn_100_8120.jpg

If you would like to see ALL 70+ Pics go here:
kc93formulaII - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thank you in advance for looking. PM me or E-mail me at SCahill80@KC.RR.com if your interested in my Cream Puff. :wave:

I take it that it's a FWD car? Probably a lot of torque steer.

It is FWD however there isnt much Torque steer since they were not available with a Turbo from the factory , plus the handling was greatly improved by Buick at the factory by installing a huge 1.25-inch sway bar in front and a .75-inch bar in the rear.

The drives greeeaat. A family member has a 2004 Chevrolet Impala , one day I let her barrow my car and she said my T-Type drives much much better than her 2004. :cool:

Looks clean and all but without the Turbo 6 and FWD it just doesn't light a flame under me.

Looks clean and all but without the Turbo 6 and FWD it just doesn't light a flame under me.

I understand completely ! Not everyone cares for Hemi Cuda's or Corvettes or Grand Nationals or Honda's etc etc etc, so I don't expect everyone on this site that is dedicated to Turbo Buicks to yearn for my car, and thats completely OK !

I did a quick search and within a few seconds found 3 or 4 threads of people asking to Buy a LeSabre T-Type for a Daily Driver while there Turbo Buick stay stored. Which this car would be ideal for someone like that.

I know its not for everyone.. it is a Unique, Rare car... I'm just trying to appeal to those out there that may appreciate the Unique Gem.

Thank you greatly for the kind words on how clean and well kept this Original car has been kept by the way ! I greatly appreciate any kind words from anyone ! ;)

Very nice car. I think its neat that you care for the car, and know the history the way you do. I hope you find a good home for it. It deserves to be taken care of. If I had an extra 5 grand and another spot in my garage I would be interested. It would look nice next to my car.
Good luck!
George

Very nice car. I think its neat that you care for the car, and know the history the way you do. I hope you find a good home for it. It deserves to be taken care of. If I had an extra 5 grand and another spot in my garage I would be interested. It would look nice next to my car.
Good luck!
George

Thank you greatly for the Kind words ! Its always nice to meet another person that admires these Unique Rare cars. A gentleman came waaaaaay down from Wyoming in his 80k mile LeSabre T-Type and when he looked mine over and admits there is a Big difference from mine that has been pampered and his that was a Sunday cruiser turned daily driver.

Again thank you greatly for the compliments and kind words ! ;)

Uhhhh...MOST Important thing you left out...Orig MILEAGE PLEASE!!!!

If it's Less than 50k, thats a GREAT DEAL!!! Over 50, maybe Not...

Uhhhh...MOST Important thing you left out...Orig MILEAGE PLEASE!!!!

If it's Less than 50k, thats a GREAT DEAL!!! Over 50, maybe Not...

Hello, thank you for the interest in my Cream Puff !

Mileage is listed twice in the Sales info, but if you missed it. It has only 66k on it.

The Clean CARFAX will also reflect this. The PhotoBucket Link at the bottom of the Sales info for ALL 70 Pic's shows the Clean CARFAX that the low mileage is accurate in addition the Link also has a Pic of the Mileage on the Odometer. :)

100_8104.jpg

I assure you that anyone that has seen the car in person has said nothing but good things about how well it has been taken care or and what Great shape it is in. It is a Great deal for someone looking for this type of Unique Rare car. :cool:

ive been looking for one of these for awhile....you will be getting an email from me or a friend of mine real soon...im shopping for him....he'll drual over it...talk to you soon.

Hello, thank you for the interest in my Cream Puff !

Mileage is listed twice in the Sales info, but if you missed it. It has only 66k on it.

The Clean CARFAX will also reflect this. Great shape it is in. It is a Great deal for someone looking for this type of Unique Rare car. :cool:

Opps, my bad, YES it is CERTAINLY a Great deal then...The Condition is IMPECABLE!!

ive been looking for one of these for awhile....you will be getting an email from me or a friend of mine real soon...im shopping for him....he'll drual over it...talk to you soon.

Sounds good, look forward to hearing from you. ;)

Good candidate for a s/c 3800. Nice car.

Good candidate for a s/c 3800. Nice car.

Thank you greatly for the kind words ! I am on a T-Type LeSabre Forum and have noticed that some of these that have more mileage on them ( over 100k ) and that are not original anymore have done the L67 ( Supercharged 3800 )engine swap with great results, some have even installed Northstar V8's. :eek:

Wow!

Stunning car. I love these, they are gorgeous in their own right and yours seems a cut above.

Good luck with the sale.

Ravi

Stunning car. I love these, they are gorgeous in their own right and yours seems a cut above.

Good luck with the sale.

Ravi

Thank you greatly for wishing me luck on the sale and for the great complement ! Its always nice to meet another person that admires these Unique cars for what they were ! :D

Condition of the car is between a 1 and a 2 ( a 1 1/2 in my mind ) putting the Value at somewhere between $9,500 - 6,650 range... I will sacrifice it if the Buyer gives me there honest to goodness word that they will care for it the same I have since I have owned it for only $5,000 or Best REASONABLE offer. ( Serious Inquiries only NO "Tire Kickers" )

###***** Also Considering Trades such as a 1999 Mustang GT or 1998+ LS1 F-Body or will Consider Trades PLUS Cash. *****###

100_8199.jpg

I would be interested in calling you and meeting up sometime. I have a 98 regal and a 95 Impala that I would like to get rid of. Can you pm me your number???