Ran into some bad luck and need a frame.

Yeah, back took a hit. Bent the seat frame so there is that too. Went to doc in the box and got x-rayed per wife's orders. He said I'd be sore and I am. But I've done labor type jobs and I'm fifty so back ain't that great before the hit. I'll survive. Appreciate the concern .
I think I have a frame and quarter located. Guy sez it is a turbo regal so we will see when I pick it up. He is keeping axle so there is still that hurdle. Might have to get one from the wrecking yard so I can move these things around. We will see. I do have an 8.5 ten bolt out of a 72 Skylark. Anyone know what it would entail to put that under a g body?

Looking for a whole rear end. Considering just stepping up to a quick performance 9" but we will see. 8.5 is pretty hard to come by.
Appreciate the concern and well wishes for all. Back decent . I've worked at fairly labor intensive jobs all my life and I'm fifty so the back ain't in very good shape either way, though this didn't help it any. Doc said it should be ok and a week or so.
I do have an 8.5 ten bolt out of a 72 Skylark. How hard is it to get one bolted up to the g body frame?

Well, a new twist to the saga. I think I've secured a frame and quarter. Gonna go check them out next sat and pick em up if decent.

Here is where the rub starts. Got a call from the adjuster. He was kinda giddy. He knew right off what the car is and him and his dad were in the body shop biz and are car guys. He sez, I think I have some good news. I braces myself and he went on to tell me how much they valued my car and that they were going to fix it and gave the figure of their estimate. Good stuff.

So I need to get my body guy to get it on his frame machine and pull it straight and see if there will be additional needs or costs. And if so get the insurance to include extras in the settlement. Pretty crazy but good news.

Still want to put a different non kinked frame under it. Have been looking into a plasma cutter and maybe a cheap tig machine. We will see. Or I'll just get a cylinder of welding gas for my little wire feed and go that way. Much of it I think can be fixed but that quarter, cap tail light and fillers are toast. We will see about the trunk floor and spare tire well when we get it straightened.

So that is my good news for the day. I think I'll be able to get is straightened and some other things with my labor. Might even go and hunt up chrome trim. I've always thought if I was going to paint it is like chrome trim. We will see.

that's great news Rich. happy for you. getting a good laugh at what the other party reaction's will be when informed of the status...a 1987 regal and you are paying to fix it???? how much????? for a 32 year old car????

...Got a call from the adjuster. He was kinda giddy. He knew right off what the car is and him and his dad were in the body shop biz and are car guys. He sez, I think I have some good news. I braces myself and he went on to tell me how much they valued my car and that they were going to fix it and gave the figure of their estimate. Good stuff....

Glad to hear the Adjuster understands the car is not a Monte Carlo.

Just remember an 84-newer frame is easier as it has the mount pad for the 200-4r. You can use an earlier frame. It’s just easier with the 84

I think I have one located. Going to see it next sat. Have an appointment to have the car on the frame machine next week so after the body man pulls it we can see where we are. If I do get the car I'm going to look at I might have some parts to sell. We will see just what it is.

Thanks a bunch. I'm going to need a pass side but will probably end up buying a paired just to have nice ones as the originals are 175k miles in and showing their age.

Dude that sucks. Sorry to hear about the accident. That is what i am scared of when I take mine out. Some one texting and driving or just not paying attention.
Hope you find the parts you seek and fix it the way you want.
That's literally why I stop 2 car lengths away from someone at a stop light. I assume my car is invisible to everyone and it saved me at a stop light one time going to a car show where I darted out into the turning lane to save my trunk from a lady who was doing exactly as you said.

I have a straight 86 Ttype parts car I'd sell cheap. Has a straight frame and a posi rear end. Car is white with grey interior. I'm in Kansas
Luke Silkey 785 806 2331. Text me or call and leave message

Last edited: