Ramchargers / Valeo PnP Dual Fan Harness

Kick ass Jack!!! Now I can stop worrying about making a hack job harness for my fans!

Once again, Racetronix has made another very useful product for us Buick guys and gals!!

So how does this control the fans differently from the way the Ramchargers harness works? If I remember correctly the RC setup runs the fans at full blast when it gets a signal. Now does this kit run high/low? If it dies then is there a way to have it run on high all the time? With my frontmount installed I need as much cooling as possible.

Originally posted by Bens87tr
So how does this control the fans differently from the way the Ramchargers harness works? If I remember correctly the RC setup runs the fans at full blast when it gets a signal. Now does this kit run high/low? If it dies then is there a way to have it run on high all the time? With my frontmount installed I need as much cooling as possible.

Low speed control from the factory harness enables low speed in the Racetronix harness.

High speed control from the factory harness enables high speed in the Racetronix harness.

The low speed on the RC fans is not that low. You will find low speed more than adequate for cooling on days where the temps are 70F or lower. I have a front mount DW IC, trans cooler and 4 core 18 FPI rad and high speed is not needed all the time to keep the water temperature at 160-170F. I have placed a Flexlite Temptronic control on my high speed factory control line and set it to 170F. The FAST PCM controls the low speed fan at 160F. Everything works fine with the A/C on for a few years now. I wired the factory fan timer to cycle the low speed fan when the car is shut off instead of the high speed fan the way it comes from the factory. This saves battery life and is more than enough to cool the body of water in the rad and to bring down the under hood temps.

I'm in for one. What is the difference in the two products you show on your website? Also I am assuming the harness will work with a FAST system. Also would like to be able to manually turn on the fans with a switch.
Thanks

Originally posted by kyturbo
I'm in for one. What is the difference in the two products you show on your website? Also I am assuming the harness will work with a FAST system. Also would like to be able to manually turn on the fans with a switch.
Thanks

The harness will allow your fan control to function as factory or with any additions.

We have updated our ad to reflect some changes and to clarify which harness to order.

http://www.racetronix.com/RX-G7-DFH.html

Thanks

It will work with a FAST or DFI system.
You may manually control the fan relays as before.

I have a couple of questions specific to my application, what is the best way to contact you. I don't want to confuse any issues here. Thanks

I have a couple of questions specific to my application, what is the best way to contact you. I don't want to confuse any issues here. Thanks

Email address in our sig below

What had to be done to the stock battery connectors to be able to do this?

Also, I use the old style Kenne-Bell hi/lo fan switch setup which gets wired to the ceramic resistor that's mounted on the stock fan assembly. What happens to this ceramic resistor when I install the Ramchargers Dual Fan with this Racetronix harness?

How do I keep the ability to use a hi/lo fan switch option?

Thanks

Originally posted by gordyzx9r
What had to be done to the stock battery connectors to be able to do this?

Also, I use the old style Kenne-Bell hi/lo fan switch setup which gets wired to the ceramic resistor that's mounted on the stock fan assembly. What happens to this ceramic resistor when I install the Ramchargers Dual Fan with this Racetronix harness?

How do I keep the ability to use a hi/lo fan switch option?

Thanks

The factory battery nuts push out from the front and the new ones go in their place. It takes a bit of force to get the new ones in but they do fit. Have them on my car NP. You will need to control the factory high and low speed relays to control the Racetronix harness. Jumping the resistor with a switch is kinda :(

Originally posted by Racetronix
The factory battery nuts push out from the front and the new ones go in their place. It takes a bit of force to get the new ones in but they do fit. Have them on my car NP. You will need to control the factory high and low speed relays to control the Racetronix harness. Jumping the resistor with a switch is kinda :(

Thanks, I think I got the idea for the battery.

As far as wiring the switch into the relays for the hi/lo control...how do I do that?

Thanks,
Gordy

Originally posted by gordyzx9r
Thanks, I think I got the idea for the battery.

As far as wiring the switch into the relays for the hi/lo control...how do I do that?

Thanks,
Gordy

I would like to know this also. Racetronix, I know you stated in earlier posts to email you with any questions like this, but if you post them on this topic, everyone can see and you wont get bombarded with emails. I too would like to know how I can install my 3 way switch to control the high, low, or leave it to the chip.

Scott

Ihave just rec'd a Ramchargers fan setup with GN adapter harness.

I have an 85 hotair car that is getting converted to elect fan from clutch fan. I bought the Caspers elect fan relay install kit to allow the ecm to control the fan.

I looked at the harness on the fan and the harness on the Caspers kit. They are two different plugs entirely. The caspers one is much smaller then the RC fan plug.

Will this harness fix that ? I looked at the pic of your kit but the plugins look too big.....Capsers kit leaves me with a male end to plug into the fan.

Originally posted by HOTSIX
Ihave just rec'd a Ramchargers fan setup with GN adapter harness.

I looked at the pic of your kit but the plugins look too big.....Capsers kit leaves me with a male end to plug into the fan.

We supply a replacement mating connector for the fans which is rated for higher current. It is also backwards compatible with the factory harness.

If you have an 85 we can supply a control harness that will allow you to interface the ECM for control. You can pick low or high speed. We recommend using an external control for the high speed and the ECM for low speed control.