Ramchargers / Valeo PnP Dual Fan Harness

Racetronix

Racetronix will be offering a limited amount of these harnesses to address voltage, fusable link, factory relay and adapter problems people are having when using the dual fan system from Valeo.

This harness is fully PnP with the factory wiring and only requires that the connector on the fan assembly be upgraded with the supplied connector in our kit.

The Racetronix harness uses a dual-circuit relay system which retains the high / low speed selection using the factory wiring as a control only. Power is supplied directly from the battery though two fused circuits using heavy gauge wire.

A dedicated ground wire hooks directly to the frame of the vehicle.

This harness may be used with other types of dual speed / fan assemblies.

> CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS <

great idea Jack!! Three questions..

Does your harness work if I remove the RC adaptor harness and just connect to the factory connector??

What is the difference if I order the HW harness or not??

I don't have paypal:(. What other way can I get one!!! I do have AM Ex.. and Visa..

Thanks!!

Originally posted by FlyinGN
great idea Jack!! Three questions..

Does your harness work if I remove the RC adaptor harness and just connect to the factory connector??

What is the difference if I order the HW harness or not??

I don't have paypal:(. What other way can I get one!!! I do have AM Ex.. and Visa..

Thanks!!

The Racetronix harness plugs into the factory fan connector and the dual fans plug into the Racetronix harness. The RC adapter is removed / no longer used. Once the Valeo fan connector is replaced with the new supplied Delphi connector (46 amp rated per cavity) the fans can plug directly into the factory connector as a backup.

If you do not have a Racetronix fuel pump hotwire harness in your car then you will not have the brass battery nuts and body ground. You require these items to hookup the new fan harness to the battery and provide a good body ground so the kit for $10.00 more is required.

The fuses mount on the PS quarter panel beside the battery. The relays mount in front of the battery. This keeps everything pretty much hidden and the wires as short as possible. In most cases the battery will have to be removed in order to properly mount the fuse holders and relays. Stainless self-tapping screws are provided to mount these components.

To buy a harness simply click on the payment link. PayPal allows you to use your CC to make a payment but no longer requires you to register an account. It is safe and secure. You control the funds going out and your CC # stays private.

Will the wiring harness attach to the positive terminal of the alternator instead, so that the bulk of the hardware mounts on the driver side?

or is the harness required to attach to the battery on passenger side?

reason I ask is, I'd prefer to keep stock battery cable setup (no extra brass lugs), and that the space immediately in front of my battery is a bit "busy" (remote, spin-on transmission filter plus hoses for external tranny cooler).

Jack, I just tried to use my AM EX to buy one jack. It won't allow that card for some reason:( Damn

just tried my VISA too. Nope. Not allowing even tho I click that I don't have a paypal account.. hmmmm

Originally posted by tom h
Will the wiring harness attach to the positive terminal of the alternator instead, so that the bulk of the hardware mounts on the driver side?

or is the harness required to attach to the battery on passenger side?

reason I ask is, I'd prefer to keep stock battery cable setup (no extra brass lugs), and that the space immediately in front of my battery is a bit "busy" (remote, spin-on transmission filter plus hoses for external tranny cooler).

The stock battery cables stay the same. The brass nuts simply allow you to add accessories:
http://www.racetronix.com/images/C4/FPK/C4-Battery_Hookup-01.jpg

The harness has a bit of extra length so you should be able to find a spot for it.

It has 18" from the battery terminals to the fuse holders and 18" from the fuse holders to the relays.

This thing is a gotta have, and I gotta have it. I just ordered it Jack. Nice piece!

Hey Jack, one more question about your relay harness.. Can my fan control switch(which grounds the high speed relay) still work with your harness??
What is the signal to operate the fans with your setup??

Hey Jack, one more question about your relay harness.. Can my fan control switch(which grounds the high speed relay) still work with your harness??
What is the signal to operate the fans with your setup??

It will mimic the output from your factory fan connector so in your case the answer is yes.

I assume the wire you are tapping into is the one from the high temperature switch on the intake manifold?

ok. No actually Im tapping into the yellow/green lead of the high temp fan relay and switching to ground which turns on the fan.

ok. No actually Im tapping into the yellow/green lead of the high temp fan relay and switching to ground which turns on the fan.

That will work too.

racetronix fan harness

i just received my harness in the mail it doesnt have instructions when you plug it in it only has high speed only the ram chargers plug adapter only has 2 termainals inside do i cut the rc plug and seperate the wires and use the connector that came with the harness i am confused please help