Rain Rain go away......

Lol.. not getting a sun burn here maybe a colon cleansing at best lol

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

What???

First generation Mustangs caused ALL the other manufacturers to produce their own version.

1964-65 Ford Mustang, followed by (not necessarily in order) Mercury Cougar, Chevrolet Camaro, Pontiac Firebird/Trans-Am, etc.

The Pony Car era. Long hood, short deck, body style.

1964-65 Ford Mustang, followed by (not necessarily in order) Mercury Cougar, Chevrolet Camaro, Pontiac Firebird/Trans-Am, etc.

The Pony Car era. Long hood, short deck, body style.
Yuk! Cougar, mustang, i just threw up my chicken salad! Yes you're right about the "pony car" era, but 1961 impala I believe was the first car offered with the SS option. As far as body styling, I'll give you that, but GM was already making bad ass cars like the 55-57 bel air and everything with 2 doors to follow. Plus in 1964 you could have bought the chevelle SS, only women bought the 64 mustang. ONLY women...that's factual...

Ever hear of a 65-66 Camero? ;)

Ever see the 2800 Lb boat anchor that sits next to my GN?:D

That's a full size cardboard remake of a fast back. Not real.... you've jumped out of one too many planes and are suffering from oxygen deprivation in your brain. Lou told me so I know it's true..

Mike,

De Lorean, Iococca, the '64-65 Tempest/GTO platform, the '64-65 Falcon/Mustang platform..... all very blurred lines as to who was "first" in the thought process.....though I do believe the start of the "Average Joe" affordable, big motor, smaller car trend really began with the GTO option on the Tempest in '64. But again, that's only my take on things.

I'm certain several will be coming here soon to tell me just how wrong I am.

The result, however was good for all, no?

Nice to see all that craziness happening once again among the "Big Three"!. :D

In my humble opinion, Dodge is kicking everyone's ass at the moment!

Last edited:
I can agree with dodge kicking ass right now. They did good with the hello kitty. However, I would take a ZL1 or Z28 camaro over the hello kitty. I will forever stay true to my GM lineup.

The new stingray is also one bad ass ride, the Z06 is amazing as well as the Zr1. The SS sedan is an all around bad ass ride as well as the CTSv. So there's plenty to choose from.
Plus ther s a guy out there somewhere in a white brand new SRT8 jeep that had his doors blown off when I had 4 of us in my GN with primered doors. He spent $70k to get his ass whooped but a $3k car...

I've been able to drive the rental versions of the new Mustang, Challenger & Camaro. Of course they are V-6 cars, but still nice cars. I prefer the Challenger. Feels like a real car. The Mustang feels short & small. The Camaro is cool, until you have to look at traffic signals or road signs. The windows are pretty short & don't provide very good overhead visibility.