Radio fuse circuit

nwarky

To minimize the response “do a search”, let me assure everyone that I have spent over an hour with no answer found to my simple question. I simply wish to confirm what items in the Turbo Regals are included on the circuit protected by the 10 amp RADIO fuse circuit. My understanding is the 20 amp CLK-CIG circuit supplies the clock function on the factory radio with the remainder powered thru the RADIO fuse. Does that fuse supply anything else? Thanks for the help!

Dean

Well Chuck while I do appreciate your effort to help I tried that approach. gnttype.org has been a great resource for decades but those files on my computer with my eyes are virtually worthless as they are out of focus and only get fuzzier when enlarged. Oh well . . .

Goto the link I sent you.
Then, open
System Wiring Diagrams. {The line that says
  • "Includes all system wiring diagrams in one zip file."
  • Open the zipped file. The 4 speaker diagram is clearly showing the wiring layout. It's clear enough for me to read. I surely hope your eyesite isn't worse than mine! :oops:

the radio fuse supplies power only to the radio through the yellow wire (12v switched) in the black radio connector , the radio uses that power for itself and to trigger (hold) the power antenna relay through the pink wire that comes out of the black radio connector when radio is switched on , that pink wire runs to the power antenna relay located behind the dash at the right side of the glovebox opening

diagram is in servicemanual sec8-07 pg151 (8A-151-0)