Radiator

Will be seeing the tuner this coming Friday..
This car has a 7.7x in it. Could see a 7.6x we'll see?

You’re l like a magician, working your magic with that car.

Thanks. Been having fun with it, starting to get known at the local track lol

Have a appointment with my tuner on Friday I'm hoping with the few changes I have made we'll be able to up the timing a bit.

Thanks. Been having fun with it, starting to get known at the local track lol

Have a appointment with my tuner on Friday I'm hoping with the few changes I have made we'll be able to up the timing a bit.

That’s awesome, and a little bit nuts mixed with some “what the hell just flew past me”.

But seriously, it didn’t have a huge wing and it was still fast. Hahaha

Best of luck. Keep it up!

Here is the best so far but probably about it for this car unless I drop more weight Right lane #7077

12.14timeslip.jpg

Last edited:
Man, That’s booking. Put your 98 lb. girlfriend in the car and it’ll run 11.99.
LoL and I have been on a diet myself. Started at 275 and down to 239. Goal is 210. I'm 6ft tall. Need to knock a few hundred more lbs out of the car. It's at 3,280 lbs w/o driver.

LoL and I have been on a diet myself. Started at 275 and down to 239. Goal is 210. I'm 6ft tall. Need to knock a few hundred more lbs out of the car. It's at 3,280 lbs w/o driver.

Good for you! Thats not an easy task. We could all use some go fast reduction to keep us around a little longer.

The older you get the harder it gets. I'm 58.
I go to the track running this 4dr Grandma Regal and the young kids in the Mopars especially look at me like what the hell are you doing here with that? LoL I have told a few with a straight face I got to hurry and get this last pass and get it back in the garage before my Grandma wakes up. They look at me like I'm crazy. Lmao

Great run, and the 1.7 launch is awesome. Don't stress gutting the car, you're making plenty of power to still be fast and not eliminate some comforts of the car for a tenth or two. You've got room for a few more mods without digging too deep, and it can be a mid-high 11's car in almost the same condition as it runs on the street (always my favorite thing to know as I'm cruising around incognito). :cool:

Thanks Dave. I have a nice white 01GS for a DD that's a 13.50 car. This silver 01 LS I don't drive on the street, it's just a fun drag car something that keeps me from beating on my GN. Bought it from Dave Clark (Regal GS forum) out of PA. The set up is from a 07 GTP. It was a low 13 high 12 sec car when I bought it from him. I've dropped a good 300-400lbs from it, added a IC changed to E85 dropped pulley size and retuned.
The car is a rust bucket coming out of PA. If it holds together in a another year or two will be looking for another Regal body in better shape. The reason I say hold together I am pushing the limits of the Stage II tranny. I have had a few hic ups with it.
And yeah the sixty fts amaze me too. Spring blockers in the rear and MT DR's up front at 14psi she hooks pretty good.
I would like to hear your suggestions on mods to add?

Have you considered the cable mod? It's insane how simple and effective it is at raising the rear by halting the camber movement. I usually run blockers on the street and do this at the track.

Check out the classic weight reduction page by Jamhoney (O.G. guy from the ClubGP days that made a monster 2004 GTP, and got it down to a science by shedding everything he could)... had to use Archive.org since it's now a dead link: https://web.archive.org/web/20120229211624/http://gtpsleeper.freewebpages.org/weightsavings.html

Always wanted to try M/T's drag radials... bought a set for my old GTP, but sold them to another GTP friend in Rochester, NY who loved them. Might look into something for street use, since I put every part possible in the transmission years ago to take the abuse. Have great M/T slicks (3053C) from ~10yrs ago on Weld's that are probably junk now, but I'll just get a fresh set of slicks.

When my GTP started rusting out bad enough, I mothballed the MP112 setup and junked the chassis (*RIP* 10+yrs in NY, MI, OH, WI, MN during college/early work days, incl. ~6 fun winters with snow tires). There's that slick GSX for sale on RegalGS. I'm considering his wrecked car and spare parts, since I don't want to invest in any more FWD's beyond this one.

I know about the cable mod but the blockers seem to work pretty well as 1.7' sixtys are pretty good don't know that it could do better? I will check out the weight reduction link. Thanks

Just grab the site from the end (starting at http), and plug it into archive.org's wayback machine. It'll give you a few ideas here and there. He got down to 11.3 with his GenV/XPZ setup in the days we were still poking at these cars with sticks.

My Avast stops me from looking at it says it is infected and a threat? No biggie. I know there are some other things I can delete but just didn't want to be typical ricer lol.
I only have a lightweight drivers seat, still have the carpet upfront its gone from the rear. Still have the console and all the door panels, dash etc. Radio is deleted. Under the hood deleted the AC compressor and stock heavy battery. Front and rear bumper supports deleted. No exhaust running a open DP.

I know there are some other things I can delete but just didn't want to be typical ricer lol.

This is a stereotype everyone tailors to their own convenience. A bunch of the things you've deleted could fall in that category already, for common versions of that term. However, on the pure basis of converting a chassis to a drag-only setup, you've only scratched the surface, and should continue ripping the band-aid off. I've seen guys at 3800 events with very extreme efforts taken down that path, and the term "ricer" never entered my mind (especially when combined with lots of good effort in the engine bay).

I guess just looking at nothing but a driver's seat and a bunch of bare metal never appealed to me that much lol
My son has been telling me to strip it more. I may end up doing more, I would like to see that 11 sec pass.

I did end up with a 7.74 in the 1/8 very happy with that. When this car was running 8.30's in the 1/8 getting to the 7.7's never entered my mind.