Radiator replacement

MomsGN

Does anybody have a suggestion on where to get a stock radiator that has connections for the oil and tranmission cooler lines? I work at a parts house and the one my computer suggests is not right.

Does anybody have a suggestion on where to get a stock radiator that has connections for the oil and tranmission cooler lines? I work at a parts house and the one my computer suggests is not right.
I failed to say it is an 87

Alot of vendors sell this one
7521ed80c071b0f769a0506b5405e6de.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Alot of vendors sell this one
7521ed80c071b0f769a0506b5405e6de.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Thanks! I actually have that book but was hoping to be able to find one locally. Hate to order one in and it doesnt have the oil cooler lines. The pics dont show the other side of the radiator.

I'd call them first to find out. The add says modification of the support is required to install also. 2 core design.

Would also be interested i someone that could clean or recore in the Nashville,Tn or surrounding areas

Just bought the cold case radiator, Kirbans was back ordered so I went with Nick at arizonaGN. my car was running hot in traffic, creeping up and over 210. installed the cld case unit and it doesn't go over 170, very nice radiator. One small mod to top rad support and it dropped in perfect. (trimmed the rubber cushions also). perfect oil cooler hook up and , Although I run an external trans cooler, the hook ups for it are there also if I want to double it up.

The Cold Case alum radiator has provision for the 1986-7 GN trans and oil cooler.

Over the years I have sold hundreds of high efficiency 1986-7 turbo radiators which cool much better than stock, and equal to or better than most of the alum rads.

The copper replacement rad that I sell has the proper stock tanks and fittings and a special HE core, but it does cost more than the alum radiators.

You're about 15 or 20 years too late. They've long since been discontinued.
The NOS one I bought 15 years ago from GM had different fittings for the trans cooler lines, and it included adapter fittings for the original lines. Then when you installed the radiator, the trans fittings would force the condenser forward because there wasn’t enough room for both.
If you want oem, have your original recored or buy the recored unit from Nick. I’m not a fan of bending parts on the rad support to install a “stock replacement”.

Maybe should have said oe style. Lol.

Even then, it wouldn't matter. Like said above, the ''replacement'' radiators have the incorrect fittings. When you add the adapter bushings, it spaces the total stack height to the point of contacting the A/C condenser.

If you’re super picky, you might even go as far as removing the end tanks from your original yourself. I took an original to have recored about a month ago after being disgusted with availability of good stock replacements. Radiator shop absolutely mangled my end tanks removing the old core. I just installed it yesterday, and knock on wood, no leaks.
Very frustrating and surprising that nobody has stepped up to make a quality reproduction.

The fancy alum ones are awesome. Had one on my old GN, dropped right in, cooled perfectly with the a/c on in the FL summers. I run a Fbody one in my T, works just as good, with SLIC, no coolers, I run dedicated aux cooler.

Everyone has that "line" that they will not cross, me , it is replacing that crappy stereo with a quality sound system just to keep the interior factory looking. But had no problem trimming the rad support to fit a quality aluminium rad in there. Did it and never looked back, car runs between 160 165 all day , air blasting 90deg day. Paint it black if you want it to look factory, but have other parts in there that shine so no problem with that.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

No doubt, everybody does their own thing. I’m willing to deviate from stock appearing on my other cars, but my GN is a 62k mile original paint car, so anything other than stock wouldn’t have worked for me.