radiator question?

jay dcpt

where can I buy a replacement radiator with both coolers in it I wasn't planning on spending the money on a alradco one right now but it looks like that's my only choice. Are there any other choices?

I just went through this too and decided to just spend the extra money on the Alradco one. It just came in this week and it is a REAL NICE piece. I am not running the oil cooler currently so I looked at the F-Body ones and while it would have worked the quality on them is not that good.

TR Custom Parts sells one too, the price is a little cheaper but the end tanks on the Alradco look like the stock one.

It may not be necessary for you to run the engine oil cooler, a lot of guys dont run the oil cooler myself being one of them. what are your driving conditions and usage like?

just a weekend driver stock car very minor upgrades. and I want the stock look when I open the hood. im thinking about just spending the money on the aldraco

It's going to be $500+ for a 3 core no matter who it comes from. Alradco, Kirban, GBody etc.

It would not be an issue to remove the oil cooler if that would open up your choices of radiators. A lot of guys like the alradco if you go that route.

screw it I don't feel like shoping around ive heard a lot of good things about the aldraco ones ill just get that. thanks for the quick respone guys

If it makes you feel any better, I held off for years getting an aftermarket radiator. I finally got the Alradco a few months ago and wish I would have bought it from the get go. Excellent piece and no more issues with cooling.

Dont forget the fan upgrade if you are still using the stock pack..... and decide on an upgraded radiator. .. i have a stock (looking) radiator that is an exact fit including both coolers in the stock location...I nicked it with a ratchet removing my turbo and has a pin hole in the center... That being said, I am told this is an easy repair for a professional. (I went ahead and upgraded to the Alradco with fan pack) Had maybe 500 miles on the radiator at the time.. If this is something that may interest you, would let go of it cheap. (I would confirm that it can be repaired or even have it repaired before I would get rid of it other than for scrap)

Back when I had my stock GN, I upgraded to the gbody parts alum one, (alradco wasn't out yet I think) both look almost identical). Hands down good call. I put an FBody rad ($79) in my 10 sec T, though no oil cooler and already had external trans cooler run so was easy decision there. Alradco unit looks nice.

I have had an F Body radiator and eventually bought the Alradco. Both worked great for me. Went to the Alradco so I could reinstall the oil cooler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Alradco is the only radiator for our cars that is aluminum,has two rows of 1" wide cooling tubes,has both coolers,and has the drain petcock in the factory location. The only type of radiator that has any chance of cooling better than this one is a radiator with one row of 2" wide cooling tubes. This is what they use in Nascar. This would have to be custom ordered and would cost $1,00.00 without the oil cooler. There is one choice,I know of,for an aluminum radiator with two rows of 1" wide cooling tubes and no oil cooler and it costs a little over $200.00. Again,there's no radiator near the $200.0-$500.00 price range on the planet that can cool better than two 1" wide rows of aluminum tubes.

I upgraded to the Alradco and dual fans from TR customs. I rewirded the fans so that one single would come on from the ECM. The other comes on with the AC or on demand from a switch in ashtray. Cool very well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk