Racing fuel prices not going down like pump gas

GNDriven

Can someone please educate me as why VP and similar producers of racing fuel has not lowered their prices?

Last edited:
I think its because of demand, people will pay more for what they deem necessary.

Why would they lower their prices. Race fuel is almost all additives. The burn rate and energy available in a quality race fuel is very consistent form one day to the next. This is what is costly. Racers that build engines to take advantage of these fuels don't really care about the cost of the fuel. It's a drop in a bucket compared to the remainder of the program. It's not hard to find drums of Sunoco standard for around $500. Way more than most on here would ever need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I pay $77 for 5/gal of vp100 in NY, and $90 for the occasional c16 for testing..
Their are only a 2 or 3 places left with Sunoco 260gt or cam2 on the island for $9.49/gal

I wouldn't fully trust the octane in pump race gas like the drums of VP..

It seems the retail price per gallon of C116 steadily increased when regular gas went up to over $4/gallon back in 2007.

VP is a joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember hating filling up with 116 for $7 a gallon back in the day, and $4 a gallon for 100. Alky injection makes it a non-issue for me now.

I spend over a hundred bucks at the track...$25 to race and $85 on C116 fuel, not counting maintenance and such.

May have something to do with how it is sold. Gas at the pump is sold based on what it will cost to replace it, not what it cost when it was made and put in the store's tank. With the VP and such you are still paying for what it cost when it was produced and packaged.

What I don't understand is why premium is still 40 to 5o cents higher than regular unleaded.:(