Racetronix will not provide me instructions/manual for Dual In-Tank Pump System

tta1401

All I can say is WOW. I would direct you to the thread with my last reply but it has been deleted by the admin (I did a print screen if anyone wants to see it).

Heres the lowdown:
I made a post titled Turbo Buick Dual In-Tank Pump System G7X Instructions on their forum and I asked for them. They asked "What is your question?". I wanted to be smart and say that I already asked my question but I didn't. I told them and they replied back with "Did you purchase a DIY system or a complete system?". I replied back with the "Buick Dual In-Tank Pump System G7X", the only one you offer!! (the other one is called the G7 Double Pump Kit) By this time, I was wondering why I have to jump through freaking hoops to get some instructions!! I had two questions that they finally answered. The main one was the pin tool the kit comes with. Evidently, "The terminal removal tool is not required when you purchase a complete sender assembly from us. It is meant to relocate the ground on a factory sender into our harness". Don't send the pin tool with the complete kit or you will confuse the sh*t out of everybody. If you're in the market for one of these, I'm telling you now that you're not getting instructions and you better hope that you know what to ask. For the most part, the kit is pretty self explanitory, minus the pin tool I was going to use to remove a ground wire and relocate to their harness. I just want to install it the correct way that they engineered it for. I will say that it's a very well built product but some things need to be addressed like an INSTRUCTION MANUAL.

Thank You,

I did the same a few weks ago when I was installing the same kit for a friend who was gone on Vacation. I had to Register to the Forum!!
I am not impressed as well.

That is the way we roll here. We have no intention of printing manuals when they do become available for all the reasons listed in our forum URL. If you don't like using our forum for support don't buy the product. Funny how people have no problem using THIS forum to look for answers and to bitch about vendors... :cool:

dealt one time with this bunch, arrogance is a strange tool for the bottom line. never again

That is the way we roll here. We have no intention of printing manuals when they do become available for all the reasons listed in our forum URL. If you don't like using our forum for support don't buy the product. Funny how people have no problem using THIS forum to look for answers and to bitch about vendors... :cool:

Yes, I use this forum to find things, you know, THINGS that are already installed that I am having trouble with. Just a thought: Instead of having to answer everybody's questions in your forum, take the time and print out a set of instructions. Damn, it's like going to a doctor and asking him why I'm sick and them telling you to Google it. I just don't see why you think you are so right? Man up and take the constructive criticism. BTW, it is a nice product.

Yes, I use this forum to find things, you know, THINGS that are already installed that I am having trouble with. Just a thought: Instead of having to answer everybody's questions in your forum, take the time and print out a set of instructions. Damn, it's like going to a doctor and asking him why I'm sick and them telling you to Google it. I just don't see why you think you are so right? Man up and take the constructive criticism. BTW, it is a nice product.

A quick forum search using the key word 'tool' under dual pump systems would have brought up thread #32 dated 06/09/09 addressing the terminal tool question.
A quick forum search using the key word 'alternator' under dual pump systems would have brought up thread #100 dated 04/30/10 addressing the fuse mounting location.

The time to perform these searches was far less than the time it took to compose your complaint to our techs. A manual will be available online once we have the time to get a new install scheduled for picture purposes.

A quick forum search using the key word 'tool' under dual pump systems would have brought up thread #32 dated 06/09/09 addressing the terminal tool question.
A quick forum search using the key word 'alternator' under dual pump systems would have brought up thread #100 dated 04/30/10 addressing the fuse mounting location.

The time to perform these searches was far less than the time it took to compose your complaint to our techs. A manual will be available online once we have the time to get a new install scheduled for picture purposes.

FYI genius, I did use the search function well before I made this thread. I also did a search for the key word 'tool' and I did not get your results (hurry up and go change it!). Would you like a print screen of that too? Like I said before, I did use the search function and found out that the tool was for removal of a ground. Nowhere does it say anything about a NOT using the tool if you bought a Turbo Buick Dual In-Tank Pump System and not the G7 Double Pump Kit. Riddle me this: Why even send the tool?

BTW, I got a PM from the Racetronix admin stating:

If we had a complete manual we would have provided one. What we have is listed in this forum for now. Getting aggressive with our techs is not going to help you but it may get you banned.

We suggest you take the time to READ our forum policy about re-posting items from this forum:

http://www.racetronix.com/supportforum.html

RE: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/thr...system.379917/

There will be NO discussion/debate on this issue. If you don't like what we have to offer you can arrange to send the product back if it is not used!

See, they have these policies stating:
  • Information on this forum is not to be copied and re-posted elsewhere including on other public forums.
  • Correspondence with Racetronix, other customers or Racetronix dealers is not to be redistributed or published elsewhere without express permission from the parties involved.
  • All documents posted in the Racetronix forum are watermarked for tractability and may not be reproduced or redistributed.
  • Spamming, aggressive or lewd behavior will not be tolerated
Prove to me and everybody else that I was getting aggressive with your techs. I can prove that I didn't. Anybody want that proof???

I guess I'm going to be banned from their site now. They don't care, they got my $553.01. Maybe you should ban most others for posting information from your site. BTW, are you going to stop supporting me and your product I bought from you? Do you think that a customer asking for some simple directions needs to go through all this to prove a point? I don't but I got the time right now to. What's going to happen when somebody installs it wrong and screws something up because they didn't use your forum search button?

I've never had some 'internet' war but there's a first time for everything!

WOW. Great answero_O

Racetronix makes some great productrs for our cars. I just hope I dont run into any of these issues. Sure seems easier to just give the answer to the question or atleast the tech support should copy and paste the info for the purchasers specific question and include that when responding. Especially if they know where to find the answer and the customer doesnt. It shouldnt be a pissing contest. I own a business also and people LOVE great customer service and its an integral part of certain businesses. I love racetronix just for the record....got my new digital dash sender and my complete pump and sending unit on the way and cant wait for it to arrive :)

Well, I've been banned permanently from their forum so I will never be able to get tech support. I'll have to take it up with the BBB of Canada. BTW, unless I'm that dumb, I don't see how the 2 positive leads and negative lead will reach if the fuse holder is mounted to the front of the alternator like the hotwire kit as shown in their thread that I can't get to anymore. I guess I'll hook it up the way I want it to. Basically, it needs power and a ground hooked up, right? :) I'm probably not looking at it right due to the 1000 other things I'm doing to my car at the moment (just dropped in a built motor).

On a side note, I would suggest purchasing through a vendor instead of directly through Racetronix.

Jason at RJC, Mike at Full Throttle, and Tom at Champion were ALWAYS there for me and my motor build. Nothing but praise for them!

nice system,i also just installed it. i thought it would have come with some instructions, but i got online and found an image of alt location that helped me

cant remember where i saw it, but the two fuse holders will bolt up on the back of alt real nice,then i bolted ground to the brkt for acc brkt. then just ran all the wiring to the back. going to the lake today,so i will try and take some pics of my install when i get back

cant remember where i saw it, but the two fuse holders will bolt up on the back of alt real nice,then i bolted ground to the brkt for acc brkt. then just ran all the wiring to the back. going to the lake today,so i will try and take some pics of my install when i get back

I think I got it! That's how I was going to end up doing it. I just needed to look at it again. I was thinking about mounting it near the battery (better ground).

Well, I've been banned permanently from their forum so I will never be able to get tech support. I'll have to take it up with the BBB of Canada. BTW, unless I'm that dumb, I don't see how the 2 positive leads and negative lead will reach if the fuse holder is mounted to the front of the alternator like the hotwire kit as shown in their thread that I can't get to anymore. I guess I'll hook it up the way I want it to. Basically, it needs power and a ground hooked up, right? :) I'm probably not looking at it right due to the 1000 other things I'm doing to my car at the moment (just dropped in a built motor).

On a side note, I would suggest purchasing through a vendor instead of directly through Racetronix.

Jason at RJC, Mike at Full Throttle, and Tom at Champion were ALWAYS there for me and my motor build. Nothing but praise for them!

If it were me id pull it and send i back.
And buy the OTHER BRAND Dual in-tank set up.
i am always skeptical when it comes to negative feed back about vendors because people tend to stretch, add, leave things out and straight out lie.

but after This reply

had no problem getting the fuses to the alternator , power leads to the bat terminal post on alternator or the ground connected (under the fuse bracket to rear hole in alternator)
this was on a stock bracket setup

great kit and the install in my opinion was easy, the wiring harness makes hookup simple since you arent dealing with any other hotwire for the primary pump and both pumps are hotwired and harness offers flexibility to rotate pumps and use other trigger methods as well as run an led for second pump ,

as to dave's comment of going with another dual setup ,, go for it
other kits (only other option is reds) you need to provide your own hotwire for the primary pump and the second pump on his was a simple hobbs switch , no relay .
only other double out there is the ATR which did use a hobbs and relay for the second pump but they have been out of business for years

That was an eye opening read, that's for sure.

Interesting replies by the vendor for all future potential customers to read!

had no problem getting the fuses to the alternator , power leads to the bat terminal post on alternator or the ground connected (under the fuse bracket to rear hole in alternator)
this was on a stock bracket setup

great kit and the install in my opinion was easy, the wiring harness makes hookup simple since you arent dealing with any other hotwire for the primary pump and both pumps are hotwired and harness offers flexibility to rotate pumps and use other trigger methods as well as run an led for second pump ,

as to dave's comment of going with another dual setup ,, go for it
other kits (only other option is reds) you need to provide your own hotwire for the primary pump and the second pump on his was a simple hobbs switch , no relay .
only other double out there is the ATR which did use a hobbs and relay for the second pump but they have been out of business for years
Can you tell me how the jumpers work on the fp's?
Primary secondary and switching the mains? Dont mean to hijack but no instructions.

the hoobs switch plugs into either one of the control loops. Does not matter which one. The third connector is for indicator lights which i never use. I tell many customers to switch back and forth once in a while between the pumps to exercise them and even out the wear. Call me if you need help with any Racetronix products. We can point you in the right direction.
Mike