Racetronix 340lph Hanger

hawkfan

I'm currently picking up parts for my new stroker build and am looking to upgrade the fuel system at the same time. I'm looking at this pump and sender combo:

I'm aware of the possible return line issues with these 340lph pumps, but I'm also wondering if I can use my heavy duty Casper's hotwire with this pump as well since they say you have to use the Racetronix hotwire. Is that true? Is this sender plug and play with any hotwire? If not, I may just get a DW300 and stick with my current hanger/sender.

SCOOBY DOO

I'M NOT A MONSTER, I'M JUST AHEAD OF THE CURVE!!!
The stock hangers are a push on with clamp. That one is threaded. Some guys get away with the 340 and others don't. I've heard some drill out the Saginaw fittings and all's well.

hawkfan

The stock hangers are a push on with clamp. That one is threaded. Some guys get away with the 340 and others don't. I've heard some drill out the Saginaw fittings and all's well.
Yeah I think it comes with quick disconnect style fittings now which adds more things to consider. I may just stick with a 255lph to keep things simple since I already have Alky. The 340lph is one of those "while we're here" things I'm thinking about doing during the rebuild but it's probably overkill anyway.

SCOOBY DOO

Yeah I think it comes with quick disconnect style fittings now which adds more things to consider. I may just stick with a 255lph to keep things simple since I already have Alky. The 340lph is one of those "while we're here" things I'm thinking about doing during the rebuild but it's probably overkill anyway.
Grumpy went 9.98 at 138 on a stock stroke and alky. PM him and ask what pump they ran. You'll know you're safe with what they did. I can't remember the pump they ran.

hensleyt

Stock build stay with the 255
I went 11.2 @ 119 with 255
The Casper and racetronix work together, I have that setup

hawkfan

What will the CR be?
Not 100% sure. Too many variables right now between the new ported iron heads, Cometic .040 head gaskets, and JE stroker pistons. It will be a little higher than stock of course but I'm not really aiming for a "high compression" motor with this build.

moenning1

I'm currently picking up parts for my new stroker build and am looking to upgrade the fuel system at the same time. I'm looking at this pump and sender combo:

I'm aware of the possible return line issues with these 340lph pumps, but I'm also wondering if I can use my heavy duty Casper's hotwire with this pump as well since they say you have to use the Racetronix hotwire. Is that true? Is this sender plug and play with any hotwire? If not, I may just get a DW300 and stick with my current hanger/sender.
I have the racetronic 340 with there fuel line kit and Hotwire very simple plug and play and you will for sure need at least need bigger return

SCOOBY DOO

Not 100% sure. Too many variables right now between the new ported iron heads, Cometic .040 head gaskets, and JE stroker pistons. It will be a little higher than stock of course but I'm not really aiming for a "high compression" motor with this build.
With a pricey engine like that I wouldn't be skimping on fuel supply. Even with the stock junk I ran I went town on the fuel supply and fuel monitoring.

hawkfan

With a pricey engine like that I wouldn't be skimping on fuel supply. Even with the stock junk I ran I went town on the fuel supply and fuel monitoring.
I agree. Injector duty cycle was in the mid 80s with a hotwired Walbro and 42lb injectors at 25lbs of boost with current setup which is why I got 80lbers and am looking into a bigger pump for the new build. A/F ratio was a little rich with the Turbotweak chip though. In theory, 255lph should be way more fuel than I need for my goals according to the gnttype.org fuel guide for a full weight car. I'm still staying with a relatively small cam and turbo in the 62 mm range.

Remove Ads From TurboBuick.Com

Yearly amount needed to remove ads from TurboBuick.Com
Goal
$12,000.00
Received
$1,851.00