R.I.P. Bobby Peterson

v6plus2

Bobby Peterson, former owner and driver of "Six Shooter", passed away last night after a long battle with cancer. R.I.P. Bobby.

Bob was a good dude. That sucks but he had been in a long battle. Its amazing he held on as long as he did. Anybody got a picture of the original Goofy car they can post up?

Bob was a good dude. That sucks but he had been in a long battle. Its amazing he held on as long as he did.

Dammm.. He hung in there !!! I think Melissa may have some shots of him from way back in the 90s. RIP Bob

RIP, Bob was a very cool guy... I ran a set of his old M&A stage 3 heads on my old black car that came off the "Six Shooter" car...

Bobby Peterson, former owner and driver of "Six Shooter", passed away last night after a long battle with cancer. R.I.P. Bobby.

Who are you? Please contact me. I am the web master for the MGNTA and I want to confirm this and honor him for our club that he has been a member of since it pretty much started.

He was a great guy, always happy no matter how bad of shape he was in. I enjoyed racing him even though I knew he would beat me every time. He hated laptops and would always tell me to "stop messing with that thing and just run it". He was very courteous with his ailments and would try very hard to speak slowly so you could understand him while holding his hand up so he wouldnt spit on you. I will genuinely miss him.

I took several pictures of him the year prior to him grenading the motor in Six Shooter. His favorite, that I think he made into a shirt along with a couple of others to make a photo line is below.

Bobby06.jpg

RIP Bobby, I have been praying for him daily, may he finally be at peace.

Bob was a good dude. That sucks but he had been in a long battle. Its amazing he held on as long as he did. Anybody got a picture of the original Goofy car they can post up?

Here he is getting ready to run the Super 16 class at the GS Nationals in 2007.

Bobby.jpg

Bobby was a very kind person who really took a lot of us (younger,slower) members of the club (mgnta.com) under his wing,told us what worked and what didn't,and treated you with respect and courtesy, even though he was one of the "top dogs" in the area...To me that is rare...He always was up in spirits regardless on how poorly he was feeling due to his health...He was truly one of a kind...never short on stories and advise and always had time to help if you needed it...Bobby will truly be missed my myself and many others...I consider myself lucky to have known him and proud to be able to have called him a friend,turbo Buick brother, and drag racing mentor

RIP BOBBY
:(
I am already missing you...

Dan Weissmann

My Story..

First off: RIP, buddy.
I had the pleasure of knowing Bob since he first got into Buicks...In fact, it was a ride in my 86 T that set the wheels in motion.
Bob had a street rod with problems. We fixed it at Mike Chesser's Auto Emporium, in Lawrenceville, Ga. While there, I met Bob, and took him for a ride. He was HOOKED, and shortly after, bought his GNX.
His close friend, Jack Pendzimas bought my "yaller car", and the stage was set for several yrs of fun.

Over the yrs I kept in touch w/ Bob, and saw him at the Nats, etc.

He was a unique guy. He was afflicted w/ some maladies that he dealt with for many yrs. Unlike many folks, the problems never seemed to slow him down.:cool:

Gonna miss ya!:frown:

RIP my friend,
bob was a good ol boy he told me a lot of stories. i talked to him for quite a while in october
at bowling green,
oc,,

First off: RIP, buddy.
I had the pleasure of knowing Bob since he first got into Buicks...In fact, it was a ride in my 86 T that set the wheels in motion.
Bob had a street rod with problems. We fixed it at Mike Chesser's Auto Emporium, in Lawrenceville, Ga. While there, I met Bob, and took him for a ride. He was HOOKED, and shortly after, bought his GNX.
His close friend, Jack Pendzimas bought my "yaller car", and the stage was set for several yrs of fun.

Over the yrs I kept in touch w/ Bob, and saw him at the Nats, etc.

He was a unique guy. He was afflicted w/ some maladies that he dealt with for many yrs. Unlike many folks, the problems never seemed to slow him down.:cool:

Gonna miss ya!:frown:

Awesome story. Your yellow car is still doing well with Allen Liverman. I loved how Bobby started cutting up and modding his GNX and how everyone was so shocked, he just laughed it off although I could tell he was a bit bothered by it since he sold it and started cutting up a T instead.

I set up our clubs front page with a message about bobby and the picture is a link to his "rides" page which has pictures of his six shooter running and up on a hoist. Hope you all enjoy, Minnesota Grand National and T-Type Association

Awesome story. Your yellow car is still doing well with Allen Liverman. I loved how Bobby started cutting up and modding his GNX and how everyone was so shocked, he just laughed it off although I could tell he was a bit bothered by it since he sold it and started cutting up a T instead.

I set up our clubs front page with a message about bobby and the picture is a link to his "rides" page which has pictures of his six shooter running and up on a hoist. Hope you all enjoy, Minnesota Grand National and T-Type Association

i only met bob once but have heard ALOT of great stories from other people that know him. he seemed like a very nice guy.

prayers go out to his family and all of his friends.

god only takes the good ones, he must have needed someone to pilot a turbo car up there.

Bobby was a very kind person who really took a lot of us (younger,slower) members of the club (mgnta.com) under his wing,told us what worked and what didn't,and treated you with respect and courtesy, even though he was one of the "top dogs" in the area...To me that is rare...He always was up in spirits regardless on how poorly he was feeling due to his health...He was truly one of a kind...never short on stories and advise and always had time to help if you needed it...Bobby will truly be missed my myself and many others...I consider myself lucky to have known him and proud to be able to have called him a friend,turbo Buick brother, and drag racing mentor

RIP BOBBY
:(
I am already missing you...

Dan Weissmann

well said

I spoke to Bob a couple times, he was really one in a million.
I will have to pull out my GS-Xtras and look up the 6 Shooter tonight.
That car was in the 8s with a stock suspension so long before it was common place.
Godspeed Bob, you are gone but not forgotten.

I spoke to Bob a couple times, he was really one in a million.
I will have to pull out my GS-Xtras and look up the 6 Shooter tonight.
That car was in the 8s with a stock suspension so long before it was common place.
Godspeed Bob, you are gone but not forgotten.

Are you sure it was stock suspension? I do not know everything about that car but he really bragged about the back half job on it. I have seen the setup that way and have seen it in the 8's that way as well.

It had South Side control arms on it at one point.
He later back halved the car.

It had South Side control arms on it at one point.
He later back halved the car.

I just got a little history on that car and its motor from Jack a moment ago. Bobby always wanted to go faster and almost hit the 7's with a single turbo car. Would have been cool if he did but going low 8's aint nothing to shake a stick at either. :)

For anyone local here is the funeral information.

Where:
First Lutheran Church
4000 Linden Street, White Bear Lake, MN
(651) 429-5349 ‎ · flcwb.org
When:​
Thursday, February 2nd
Visitation - 9AM
Funeral - 11AM​