Quikee Turbo Regal Contest(s)

The box said "fastest US production car"
Also had a Vette in the background.

BINGO post 322 is a winner.

Background: The Corvette has always been the halo car for GM. As such although not written anywhere GM wants the Corvette to always retain the title as the fastest GM production car.

This goes back to the early days. Example in my world GTOs were a pretty hot car in the day. Tri-power was very popular in 1964-66.
GM put an end to triple carbs except for the Corvette beginning with the 1967 model.

Only Corvette could offer tri-power.

We all know the numbers as magazines did several articles comparing the 1987 Corvette to the 1987 Grand National. The differences would even be more different had magazines tested say a lightweight WE4 against a Corvette.

The values of both cars today proves the point even further....take a comparable 1987 GN hardtop and a comparable 1987 Corvette and in most cases the GN is worth two to three times more....also more interest.

This is not to slight the Corvette in anyway as many other Corvette models are extremely valuable....but Buick did have their brief moment in the "sun" showcased by a well engineered powerplant. I have owned a 57,61, 63, 99, 00, 05 Vettes over the years. 99-00 both the rare fixed roof coupes.

Next contest see next post.

This contest may prove to be a little tougher to solved especially for the younger generation.

Again last past winner gotta step aside for this one

Around the mid 1950s a popular GM car had a dealer installed option that can best be described as very unusual and unique. It was short lived and today brings pretty good money.

You got to describe/name the option I am thinking of.

Also the car it was offered on and approximate year(s)

Every question can't be on Turbo Buicks.....gotta keep the audience well rounded.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Kirban Update:

Post 327 give more details on your answer it is not the answer I am seeking but I want to see if you know more about it as I am familiar with it. Parts of what you said are worth extremely big money today.

GN Rick good guess but it would not qualify as being weird. Plus it is not a GM option or accessory. Once I do find a winner you will readers will definately agree the accessory/option was indeed extremely weird. I actually had one in my 56 Crown Vic Ford later put it in my 61 Vette. It played 45 rpm records upside down. The Chrysler version played a weird rpm record can't recall what rpm it was...

The accessory I am thinking of was offered in a very very popular GM car that has remained popular even today. Its mid 1950s vintage.

Nobody has nailed the correct answer as of yet.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban update

GN Rick keeps trying still not nailed it focused on the wrong GM car line.... their is enough wrong answers in this thread where grading would have to be on a major curve to keep players from flunking......I talk from experience to move on to 11th grade I had to go to summer school.....seems when you run away from home and miss school teachers award you zeros for each day you missed...

tough to pull up zeros towards the end of the year.

contest continues

denniskirban@yahoo.com

removeable transistor radio in pontiac separate from the in dash radio.

Good guess but does not qualify as being weird....when answer is revealed you will agree with my finding....by the way I have one of those pull out transistor radios in my private collection actually was a cool idea.. Pontiac and Olds had them.

May have to explain to younger readers what a transistor radio is......I got a pay phone in my house also not sure if young readers member them either.....also my parents princess phone....list goes on

denniskirban@yahoo.com

not sure what those pull out radios are worth today I paid $100 many years ago....the cars they came in bring a small fortune.

BINGO POST 335 nailed a flame out vacuum operated ashtray dealer accessory think 1957-1958 Chevy in the popular Bel Air models...

It qualifies as weird....I never seen one I imagine a complete kit to one of those Chevy owners is worth big money. Operated on vacuum like the old style wipers did.

Curious if Paulie would tell us how he arrived at that answer?

As usual current winner has to step back from the next question.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

On a side note: We already have over $4,000 in parts donated by various vendors/suppliers/competitors to our Spring Open House next month. Gotta think Spring with snow on the ground and temps today of maybe 20 degrees.

Next contest:

What option in the 1960s in GM cars operated over a period of years by 3 different methods?

Name the option:

Name the 3 methods it operated by:

In other words takes 4 correct answers

game on

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Kirban Update

Above post on the brake systems may qualify however it is not the answer I am seeking....

another item that would qualify yet not be the one I am seeking is:

drum brakes, single piston brakes, dual piston brakes. dual piston came out in I think 1968 on GM cars for a short period of time.

radios: am, am/fm, am/fm 8 track, am/fm cassette, am/fm came out in 63-64? 8 track in 67 in GTOs cassette I think 70?

My point being several answers work but you gotta pinpoint the one I have in mind.

Keep in mind my 3 methods happened in the 60s for sure.

Game still on

denniskirban@yahoo.com