Quikee Turbo Regal Contest(s)

Truck lift assist one had bars the other had shocks.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Here goes next question:

Again answer must match mine.

You have an original 1987 Turbo Regal don;t matter what model. Your good buddy has an original 1985 Turbo regal again does not matter what model.

You both open up your trunks. what immediately catches your eye that is different than yours?

Exception GN Rick...he would probably have to "stare" at both open trunks for a period of time to see the difference..

kidding

denniskirban@yahoo.com

game on players.

BINGO Answer I was seeking post 500 Paulie almost got it rite he is technically rite but what I was seeking is the fact the SPID label or trunk ID label as I usually cal lit had a clear lamination over it our 1987 cars had nothing over the SPID label and yes the 1984-1985 not sure on the 1986 but possible 1986 SPID label was on the left side of the trunk.

I am sure the worker in charge of doing this never installed two alike and probably missed that day of instruction on exactly where Buick wanted that label. The trunk jacking direction for sure the worker made it a game to see how badly he could mess that decal up.

Attention to detail has come a long way since our cars were built.

Other answers are good those early cars had a funky shock system in them although I can't be 100% sure they all did. I do remember some had a OK yellow decal on the trunk lid. What the OK meant is anyones guess....as I was not there as they came down the assembly line.

As for GN Ricks comments I think he meant has anyone seen a 1984-1985 with a third brake lite? Somewhere I have a accessory brochure and possibly it could be a dealer installed item but to the best of my knowledge the law took effect with the 1986 models all American produced cars.

Speaking of which the SPID label I believe became standard with the 1984 cars as well. That label can be found almost anywhere in vehicles on a trunk cardboard in the glove box no standard place.

Its like anything else formats change every few years heck our window stickers where in black and white...later ones in full color.

So on to the next contest;

Open to all players.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Last edited:
Next contest question:

I need to regroup in order to think up intelligent turbo regal questions so in the meantime here is a Yugo question. Its a simple one that doesn't require much thought.

The Yugo in the US came out in 1985. At the time in 1985 it holds the unique position for what??????

The answer is not the worse car made that did not come up until owners drove them...

Again answer don't require much thought....even GN Rick may figure it out....he likes history from what he tells me.....this is history.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Again what position I am referring to with the all new 1985 Yugo hitting the US shores for the first time...

BINGO POST 508 Paulie again 2 for 2....he has to sit out the next one. It was the lowest price car in the US market place at $3,995.

Adding for inflation today it would cost over $8,900 according to an article I read. The cheapest new car available today is the Nissan Versa at $11,990. It comes with a 109 horsepower 4 cylinder engine.

So the current winner Paulie has to pass on the next contest question.

The Yugo may have also qualified as being the slowest in the 0-60 times....I never researched that question but my guess is its in contention.

The good news is that is my last Yugo question....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

next question up and running in the next post.

Here goes:

Again you got an original 1984-1987 Turbo Regal don;t matter what model.

Answer as usual has to match mine. I believe in this case only one answer will work.

here goes

The American flag as you know is red/white/blue.

Something out of your visual sight is black/white/blue/.

What "item" am I referring to?

It is in every single 1984-1987 Turbo Regal.

game starts now....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Dash is black with white numbers and blue lense for "brights"....There is a blue plastic piece that holds the power window harness to the switch...That's all I got for blue.

Fisher emblem is blue. Might have black and white in it too. There are black, white, and blue wires under dash. ECU has blue connectors plugged into it. But the case is silver.

Last edited:
Fisher price logo sill plates

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk