Questions Tunning With TT6.0 Chip

Heg87t

Slightly Compressed User
Hello Everyone,

I need some help from you to analyze & tune my car.

I have attached a PL file from last night to review.

In the two WOT blasts I see some things that have me confused. :confused:

I see my MAF is under 255. Is this common at a lower level of boost like the 15 lbs I am running? I thought the TT chip locked the MAF at 255?

The wideband reads lean; about 12.8 – 13! The lowest I can find is 11.77. Looking at the BLM table I see that WOT A/F ratio is set to 10.8 but the correction factor BLM reading is 128. This means that the chip is not doing any correction right? Why isn’t the chip adding fuel to try and achieve 10.8 A/F ratio? The injector duty cycle is not too high.

Should I go ahead and add WOT fuel with the chip to try and richen the A/F ratio up?
Is the lower MAF reading not commanding enough fuel?

Don’t get me wrong. The car pulls strong and is fun to drive! :smile: Right now I am not comfortable raising the boost until I get this figured out.

Please take a look and let me know what you think. TIA

Attachments

• 07-20-11_Testing.zip
    250.7 KB · Views: 15
Hello,

The chip won't go into closed loop WOT mode until you get over 245gr/sec.

The chip locks the MAF at 255gr/sec, but you have to get there first.

It looks like in your sig you have a Translator. Make sure the settings are correct in there. If so, you can increase the WOT knob to around +10% to bring the MAF reading up higher at WOT, which will allow closed loop WOT to turn on.

Regards,
Eric

Thanks!

Hello,

The chip won't go into closed loop WOT mode until you get over 245gr/sec.

The chip locks the MAF at 255gr/sec, but you have to get there first.

It looks like in your sig you have a Translator. Make sure the settings are correct in there. If so, you can increase the WOT knob to around +10% to bring the MAF reading up higher at WOT, which will allow closed loop WOT to turn on.

Regards,
Eric

Hi Eric,

That makes sense. I have never seen much over 230 on the MAF reading.

I do have the standard Translator. The rotory dials are both set at zero now.

I will try increasing the WOT MAF knob to number 5 which should be 10% rich and log some more data.

Thanks again,

Just so you know, the "0" setting for MAF Base is for a 3.5" MAF, not the 3" MAF that you have. I would fix that first. You might want to reset the ECM to let the BLM's learn over again when you make that change.

Oops

Just so you know, the "0" setting for MAF Base is for a 3.5" MAF, not the 3" MAF that you have. I would fix that first. You might want to reset the ECM to let the BLM's learn over again when you make that change.

Thanks Eric. I had it set right with the base on #3. I mispoke. :redface:

More Test Results

Hello Everyone,

I was able to get a log after work. Please take a look. I have three WOT blasts recorded:

1) I was rolling along in 2nd gear and floored it. The boost rises and A/f drops to about 12.7 then rises to over 14 as the boost rises. The A/f then goes down to about 11 and knock is shown as it starts to lean out again. The MAF only hits 255 when I lift off the throttle.

2) WOT blast was in 3rd gear. Boost climbed to 13, MAF about 230, A/F about 12.3. After a short while MAF hits 245 and correction begins and the A/F goes down close to the 10.8 target. BLM is rising towards 145 or so. No knock in this run. IPW tops out about 85%.

3) WOT blast is very similar to the second. Except I rolled into it from a stop.

I am thinking about adjusting the base WOT fuel to about 145 since that is the max BLM I see.

What’s your thoughts? I still don’t like how the MAF doesn’t go right to 255…

Can I adjust the parameters in the Powerlogger by double clicking on the cell?

Thanks in advance,

Attachments

• 07-21-11_With +10% in Translator.zip
    408.7 KB · Views: 13
For now I would turn on the mid boost closed loop to help out. Set it to about 11.2. The will bring on closed loop much earlier. You can also set the a/f to around 11.2 for the other settings. It doesn't typically need to be as rich as 10.8 with E85. I set the default there for safety sake.
Not sure why it's calling for so much fuel. With stock heads, stock turbo, at 11psi, it shouldn't need that much.
I would check fuel pressure under boost to make sure the fuel system is keeping up.
It will he hard to hit 255 with the boost that low. I agree on taking the base fuel up to around 145 for now. Then start creeping the boost up.

Thanks!

Thanks Eric.

Do I need to adjust with the gas pedal on my 6.0 chip or can I use the Powerlogger?

You'll have to use the gas pedal method on that chip. The newer version (6.1) has the Powerlogger adjustment capability.

Dohh!

You'll have to use the gas pedal method on that chip. The newer version (6.1) has the Powerlogger adjustment capability.

Darn! I was hoping you could give me the secret password or something. :biggrin:

At least I can look at the Powerlogger while adjusting.