Questions for the high HP guys

turbobuick

Staff member
Looks good Chuck, any reason you can't run a flex fuel sensor on the feed side? I am going to keep the Weldon and plumb a second Bosch 286 pump in for the street. I am thinking of putting the sensor and pump on the same loop and either behind or in front of the pump. I wouldnt think it would matter and it shouldnt be a restriction for street driving. I dont need the sensor for the track anyway since I will not run pump E85 at the track.

broke

broke
I'm running a brushless spur aeromotive,its really not that loud and I am very fussy with my street car.the trunk can also be dyno matted for further reduction if some are more fussy then the i am bbn lol.i have mine on the tps and it ramps voltage off the throttle and curves well,no overheating from what I have seen.they aren't cheap but alot of cars around me have externals so i figured since im doing it.........let's see lol
Would you share more on how you have your pump controller wired to the tps?

Mr.Spool

Would you share more on how you have your pump controller wired to the tps?
sure,the yellow wire coming off the pump needs to be extended to the tps,i ran mine down the passenger side of the car.once its connected the the tps wire that mode is activated.the pump can be wired into the map sensor as well and also run on continous duty.i like the tps mode.

broke

broke
sure,the yellow wire coming off the pump needs to be extended to the tps,i ran mine down the passenger side of the car.once its connected the the tps wire that mode is activated.the pump can be wired into the map sensor as well and also run on continous duty.i like the tps mode.
Thanks. I haven’t decided which pump to use, do most operate the same way? Currently I’m using racetronix double pumper but will likely not supply enough fuel for the upgrades I’m working on.

Mr.Spool

Thanks. I haven’t decided which pump to use, do most operate the same way? Currently I’m using racetronix double pumper but will likely not supply enough fuel for the upgrades I’m working on.
No the brushless spur has 3 or 4 options and can use any fuel,its latest greatest.check it out on aeromotive site.

broke

broke
No the brushless spur has 3 or 4 options and can use any fuel,its latest greatest.check it out on aeromotive site.
I will do that, thanks for the tip. I like the tps raising output idea. I haven’t really looked at fuel pump options much, I’ll start there.

Mr.Spool

I will do that, thanks for the tip. I like the tps raising output idea. I haven’t really looked at fuel pump options much, I’ll start there.
There teck is really good too.the pumps need more on time to prime,which is adjusted in the aftermarket computers.if using a stock ecm the relay needs a hot wire off ing to the relay and a hotwire off the alternator after relay since the stock ecm doesn't have enough pulse time.the teck line is very good at aeromotive

CJSYD

I have the RobbMC in tank fuel sender with the an fittings up top. That's connected to my Holley VR1 brushless with controller. You can barely hear the VR1 running externally before the car starts. I have it set up in slow flow until I hit my selected fuel rate... but that's through a Holley HP. The flex fuel sensor is on the return as well. Working great on the street.

Eric Stauch

Nasty87
Have you ever rode around in a car with a big Weldon lol!
I have not. I know they can be loud and call me crazy but I really dont mind the fuel pump whine, to a point... Maybe the Aeromotive that is being discussed in here is a nice balance?

Eric Stauch

Nasty87
Another question, off the topic of fuel pumps. I have a wide band to run with the GNecu. Do I still need the factory one wire O2?

Eric Stauch

Nasty87
And also I found the harness on turbotweak for the silverado coil pack. What about wires? does anyone offer them or do I need to make my own, if so what are the style of ends that go to the coil pack called?

turbobuick

Staff member
I have not. I know they can be loud and call me crazy but I really dont mind the fuel pump whine, to a point... Maybe the Aeromotive that is being discussed in he
I dig it too lol! If you like the look and sound and it has more capabilities then by all means!! The new Aeromotive pumps do seem to be a nice pump
Another question, off the topic of fuel pumps. I have a wide band to run with the GNecu. Do I still need the factory one wire O2?
Not at all
And also I found the harness on turbotweak for the silverado coil pack. What about wires? does anyone offer them or do I need to make my own, if so what are the style of ends that go to the coil pack called?
I know a few vendor make wires, I am going to look into making my own. I believe the boots for the coil pack use a different connector than the stock C3I?