Questioning turbo size

3500 is high but with that turbo it should be a hell of a lot more fun on the street than a 2500 stall. If it’s a PTC 9.5 it should still couple ok on the top end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3500 is high but with that turbo it should be a hell of a lot more fun on the street than a 2500 stall. If it’s a PTC 9.5 it should still couple ok on the top end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also what I thought Especially since it is a non lock up.

Only put 350 miles on it last year.

It is a little more than I wanted but got a deal on it that made it easier to at least try it.

Last edited:
Wondered what VSR turbo balancing was so I looked it up on U-tube.

Found it very interesting.

Also what I thought Especially since it is a non lock up.

Only put 350 miles on it last year.

It is a little more than I wanted but got a deal on it that made it easier to at least try it.
should lite up good.if your not looking to squeeze every tenth out of the car and run it over 100mph all the time being on the looser side is not a bad thing.we used to run ac 9 inch 3500 to 4000 stall on 66gtq and 70 gtq to get the hit.its just with the converters now you can have the best of both worlds with loose down low and lower slip up top and lower stall for street driving.

I have the turbo back from Turbonetics now.

Have been told no one makes this turbo any longer, but Jegs and Summit still have them listed for sale.

For some reason they sent me all the parts they changed / took off.

Now should I sell it ? Or trade it for a smaller turbo as they told me it would be cheaper to do it this way. ?

I have the turbo back from Turbonetics now.

Have been told no one makes this turbo any longer, but Jegs and Summit still have them listed for sale.

For some reason they sent me all the parts they changed / took off.

Now should I sell it ? trade it ?

Attachments

• rebuilt Turbonetics 6669  turbo 2.jpg
    rebuilt Turbonetics 6669 turbo 2.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 92
what exactly was done?

They replaced the center section.both bearings, and a seal. And some other parts I don't recognize.

For some reason they sent them to me as well (the old parts). If they were not out in the garage, I would of taken a picture of them.

Will later.

Don't plan to put a metal shield on it and I should have told them to leave it off.

So. I can say it is new.

They replaced the center section.both bearings, and a seal. And some other parts I don't recognize.

For some reason they sent them to me as well (the old parts). If they were not out in the garage, I would of taken a picture of them.

Will later.

Don't plan to put a metal shield on it and I should have told them to leave it off.

So. I can say it is new.
Put it on and see if you like the combo with the new converter.

OK, I let the dogs outside for the 90th time so I went out with them to take some pictures in the garage.

The longer bearing is locked up and the case it sits in is scorned.

It has to be better and spool faster.

Attachments

• replaced parts 2.JPG
    replaced parts 2.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 78
  • replaced parts 3.JPG
    replaced parts 3.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 74
  • replaced parts 4.JPG
    replaced parts 4.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 74
  • replaced parts 5.JPG
    replaced parts 5.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 81
Have the turbo back on and waiting for spring. Going to be a whole different car.

Attachments

• turbo install.JPG
    turbo install.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 127
  • manual boost controler 1.JPG
    manual boost controler 1.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 126