question...

V6-Sauce

What size is the boost Vaccum hose size connecting it to a boost gage?

Do the fitting come together with the hose to connect

Last edited:

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
The gauge should come with a fitting but perhaps not one that applies to your car. Mine is tapped directly off of the inlet plenum. Not a super difficult chore for a guy with some skills.

However, If you are even a little bit weary, find a knowledgeable TR guy in your area and pay the money to have them install it for you.

Better to be safe, than sorry.

Last edited:

V6-Sauce

I know how to put it in. I just need to know the size the tubing for vdo boost gauge. I want move the gauge from the console to a-pillar. The line l have now is too short.

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
Summit Racing -

VDO Tubing Kits 150855​

Includes 16 ft of hose and several fittings to make it work for you. Probably available at a local parts/performance store, too.

1613844282325.png

V6-Sauce

The circumference of a circle of the boost gauge tubing, Is it all a standard size regardless of what size boost gauge you have?

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
The circumference of a circle of the boost gauge tubing, Is it all a standard size regardless of what size boost gauge you have?
With the proper fittings, yes. The fittings are what matter. Boost pressure is boost pressure.

1986 Buick GX1

GX1 #001 [The One and Only]
If you would like to hide the tubing, protect it, or both, run it through some vacuum hose.
It protects it though the firewall and makes it disappear in the engine bay.