Question on ATR wastegate hose connection?

0-60n4

I know this sounds stupid, but should the pressure hose from the boost controller go to the bottom port on the
ATR wastegate (below the diaphragm) or top port (above the diaphragm). I guess I don't really understand how it works.

from turbo to a tee , from one leg Tee goto base of gate , other leg of tee goes to adjuster valve
from adjuster valve out goes to top of gate

as you allow more air pressure to flow through adjuster it will apply that to the top of gate and boost will be higher than the gates spring pressure

you cant adjust less than the gate spring will allow . i would start with just a hose direct from turbo to base of wastegate and see what that gets you , if thats too high youll need to get a lighter spring in the gate or if its more than a couple pounds higher than the spring you may have problems with the gate sticking .
boost%20control%20instructions.jpg

Hose goes to bottom. Top is a set screw. Turn in for more boost. At least that's how mine works. Never replaced my diaphragm.

So if going straight to the base, should the top port be plugged or vent?

if going to bottom only leave the top port open (vent )
Thanks. I'm getting a lot conflicting answers. I talked to Limit Engineering and there recommendation was route the hose to the bottom port and plug the top port. That is the way it was set up when I got it.

well they are WRONG
the atr came with a bronze vent fitting in the top port

google "external wastegate setup" and youll see many diagrams and pics of boost control on external gates and not one will instruct you to plug the top port

Last edited:
I agree. I connected a line from the top port back to my controller and now I finally have control of my boost!

Thanks!