question on air bags...

They come in handy, and there not expensive, and they don't cost much.

I still have them in my springs, and I still pump them up a few psi for street use. Haven't seen a reason for removing them, even though technically I don't need them any longer.

Yes it’s worth it if u font have a nice anti roll bar then the bags will help you launch strait plus if you put bigger 276/60/15s the bags help prevent the tire from rubbing and destroying your nice new tire and inner fender lip .

Yea they are a very inexpensive way to improve your launch .

I would not rely on airbags for tire clearance.They are for preloading the right side of the car for launching at the track. If you have a HR roll bar they are not needed, you can adjust the preload. To avoid tire clearance issues you need the right combo of rim backspacing, rim width, tire width, wheel trim clearance, springs/coilovers, steel or aluminum drums, body mounts and how the body sits on the frame (side shift). That is whole bunch of items to get right. You can do a search on a lot of that info.
For example, I can fit 275/60s with a little massaging the inner fenderwell. I have 3.80" back spacing, 8" rims, aluminum drums and coilovers. I run a 1/8" spacer for insurance for frame clearance. 255s were not a issue at all.

I would not rely on airbags for tire clearance.They are for p.reloading the right side of the car for launching at the track. If you have a HR roll bar they are not needed, you can adjust the preload. To avoid tire clearance issues you need the right combo of rim backspacing, rim width, tire width, wheel trim clearance, springs/coilovers, steel or aluminum drums, body mounts and how the body sits on the frame (side shift). That is whole bunch of items to get right. You can do a search on a lot of that info.
For example, I can fit 275/60s with a little massaging the inner fenderwell. I have 3.80" back spacing, 8" rims, aluminum drums and coilovers. I run a 1/8" spacer for insurance for frame clearance. 255s were not a issue at all.
If the tires don't rub a little now and then......they aren't big enough. :cool::LOL:

Then there is always cutting the frame...

I would not rely on airbags for tire clearance.They are for preloading the right side of the car for launching at the track. If you have a HR roll bar they are not needed, you can adjust the preload. To avoid tire clearance issues you need the right combo of rim backspacing, rim width, tire width, wheel trim clearance, springs/coilovers, steel or aluminum drums, body mounts and how the body sits on the frame (side shift). That is whole bunch of items to get right. You can do a search on a lot of that info.
What’s the aluminum drum do?

Aluminum drums are a little thicker than the iron ones which will lessen your back spacing slightly pushing the tire a little away from the frame.