Question about the old ATR 2.5" duals

GNVAIR

I scored a good used ATR exhaust years ago and I'm finally getting around to installing it on my car. The snag that I've run into is the flange is too large where it would attach to the hanger bracket that is hanging off of the back of the transmission. My question is did ATR sell a special bracket that had to be used with their exhaust system?

Attachments

• IMG_20190826_180417461.jpg
    IMG_20190826_180417461.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20190826_180431817.jpg
    IMG_20190826_180431817.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20190826_180423053.jpg
    IMG_20190826_180423053.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 66
the atr had a tab welded to trans side of pipe and y needed to drill off the two oe bracket rivets and bolt the rubber onto the tab
i would just cut the long end off and clearance whats left to get it bolted up

the atr had a tab welded to trans side of pipe and y needed to drill off the two oe bracket rivets and bolt the rubber onto the tab
i would just cut the long end off and clearance whats left to get it bolted up
Thanks man! I appreciate the response!

Yup, ATR 2-1/2” Duals. Used this bracket and bolted up nice N easy to the 4 bolt flange on my catalytic converter

My ATR 2.5 bolted right up. Still on the stock cat hanger after all these year too. I dont recall it being much of an issue

My ATR 2.5 bolted right up. Still on the stock cat hanger after all these year too. I dont recall it being much of an issue
Not mine. See the pictures. There is no way the stock bracket will come close to fitting mine. Bolt pattern on stock bracket is too small to fit the ATR flanges.

Interesting. I had the redo the bracket a bit on the DS tailpipe since it sat tight to the body. But other than that I dont recall any issues.

Not mine. See the pictures. There is no way the stock bracket will come close to fitting mine. Bolt pattern on stock bracket is too small to fit the ATR flanges.
the bolt pattern should be same whats different is the larger pipe welded to the flange that the oe wasn't designed to fit around

hold the bracket to the front of the flange where the pipe isnt getting in the way and post back