question about chip install

yuh8tng

i found a chip in the car when i bought it and its labeled P.T.E. street 92 37# 19* 16psi 12/01 my question is what it be bad to use it? im all stock except mbc, diy adjustable wg, msd 8.5 wires, ac delco cr43ts plugs, 3in. air pipe to k&n air filter, scanmaster g and 160 t-stat. also currently she will smoke when exiting the highway or letting of the throttle and getting on it again

i found a chip in the car when i bought it and its labeled P.T.E. street 92 37# 19* 16psi 12/01 my question is what it be bad to use it? im all stock except mbc, diy adjustable wg, msd 8.5 wires, ac delco cr43ts plugs, 3in. air pipe to k&n air filter, scanmaster g and 160 t-stat. also currently she will smoke when exiting the highway or letting of the throttle and getting on it again
I pitched both chips found in my car. Got a new one from Eric and its spot on. Peace of mind for a little over hundred bucks.

Appears the date is 12/01. if so, gas has gotten worse in the 16 yrs, since it was burned..Throw it in the trash.

soo i put the chip in to try it out and right from the start she ran like ive never felt her before. everything from idle to shifts, boost, water temp. acceleration, speed etc. but the smoking became more frequent which makes believe that after checking everything is up to par, that im not pushing enough fuel. since i don't have a adjustable fpr or fp gauge. i ordered a adjustable fpr and fp gauge from kirban. i definitely agree with both of you that its old and i should geta new chip, which is going to be my next purchase ima get the chip&fuel inj. combo from turbo tweak

its more of blue'ish smoke and definitely smells like burnt oil. i recently changed the intake manifold, plenum, TB gaskets and valve cover gaskets. new water pump, 160* t-stat, pcv valve&vacuum lines. also im pretty sure i need to change the rear main seal cus im seeing oil leaking from the stall cover. since ive got the car ive been going thru all kinds of maintenance stuff and replacing'em like vacuuming hoses, adjustments etc. ive checked piping to see if there's oil in them and it barely had sum in it and there was no oil in turbo inlet. i know theres still alot more that i need to do and change to get her where i want her

soo i put the chip in to try it out and right from the start she ran like ive never felt her before. everything from idle to shifts, boost, water temp. acceleration, speed etc. but the smoking became more frequent which makes believe that after checking everything is up to par, that im not pushing enough fuel. since i don't have a adjustable fpr or fp gauge. i ordered a adjustable fpr and fp gauge from kirban. i definitely agree with both of you that its old and i should geta new chip, which is going to be my next purchase ima get the chip&fuel inj. combo from turbo tweak

Blue smoke is burning oil and nothing to do with fuel. I have seen turbos that leak oil into the exhaust from worn out seals. I've also seen a lot of rear main seals replaced when it turns out to be a valve cover or intake manifold gasket. I see you've replaced both but I would make sure the rear main is the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im pretty sure the rear main seal is leaking but ive read on here also that it could also be my valve seals. by any chance is there a way to check if the valve seals are bad?