Q Boost Controllers

WE4

TBcom Admin /Prayers NYFD/NYPD
Questions/Comments? Send us an email to qboost@sympatico.ca

GotBoost.us currently accepts checks, Money Orders, Paypal, and Credit Cards(through Paypal). Go to PRODUCTS page to pay now with a credit card. All checks are subject to a 15 day clearing period. Products should be shipped within 48 hours of receipt of payment. Shipping is included with purchase of a QSBC Underhood controller. GotBoost.us does not accept COD's. We are sorry for any inconvience this may cause you. All Florida residents are subject to 7% sales tax.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
We are not responsible for any misprints, typographical errors or any costs associated with the installation of any products. Purchaser assumes the risk associated with the installation of performance products. We, along with the manufacturer of each product are not responsible for any direct or indirect damage to the vehicle or costs incurred from the use of these products. Warranty claims would need to be handled directly by the manufacturer. Sale prices can not be combined with other discounted packages and are only available during the sale period. Credits will not be issued if a product goes on sale after it is purchased. Allow 15 days for personal checks to clear. Sorry, no CODs. For your security and ours we will only ship to the billing address for the credit card or Paypal account unless you have another address listed as an alternate with the credit card company/Paypal

Group Purchase

TurboBuick.Com > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials > Boost Controller Group Buy - Get em' while they're cheap

Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last » Go to first unread post Last Thread Next Thread
Author Thread

QBoost

Boost Controller Group Buy - Get em' while they're cheap
Hi guys.

I own QBoost Boost Controllers, you may know us by our old name, Quick Spool Boost Controllers at gotboost.us. We’re back as sponsors to the site and to introduce you guys to our product, QBoost is offering the members of turbobuick.com an exclusive group buy on our high quality boost controllers - at a big discount.

Regularly, our complete In-Car boost controller kits sell for $75 at our website www.qboost.com and the Underhood boost controller kits sell for $35. At retail stores, the In-Cars sell for as much as $105, and the underhoods for as much as $50.

We’re willing to offer these controllers at a big discount to you guys. The group buy price will be $55 for the complete In-Car boost controller kit and $25 for the complete underhood boost controller kit.

The terms are as follows: We must have a minimum of 15 units ordered for any discount, and over 30 units ordered for the full discount. If there are between 15-30 units ordered the price will be $60 for the In-Car kit and $30 for the Underhood kit. If we get over 30 controllers ordered in the group buy, the price will be $55 for the In-Car kit and $25 for the Underhood kit. That’s an incredible price for an underhood, and the absolute best for an in-car boost controller anywhere.

The controllers are dual ball bearing design (no cost option, please specify single or dual with order) with advanced features and great quality, visit www.qboost.com for more information.

Shipping will be additional, $5 per unit (shipping for multiple controllers to one address in one package will be just $2 for each additional controller) anywhere in the U.S and Canada (other locations contact me for price). The only tradeoff with this price is that the units will be shipped without their normal retail packaging and decals, keeping the cost down and the controllers no-frills, but everything needed for installation (even the zip ties) will be included.

What does QBoost want in exchange for this discount? We would simply like it known that this big discount is in exchange for all of the turbobuick.com members spreading the word and recommending QBoost Controllers to their friends.

This group buy will last ONLY 10-15 days, no exceptions, so stock up now for gifts etc.

If you are interested and want to place an order, simply post here with your email address, the number of controllers you’d like to purchase, and what type (In-Car or Underhood). Or email qboost@sympatico.ca with the same information. I will email all the participants with payment instructions when the group buy has ended.

Enjoy,
John Kelsall
Owner, QBoost Controllers

Underhood Boost Controller $35
In-Car Boost Controller $75

Visit us now to boost up your turbo's performance.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

September 27th, 2004 09:50 PM

Momar

Could you explain how the "dual ball bearing" setup works?

September 27th, 2004 11:27 PM

SinistrV6
Valve Monkey

Put me down for a dual BB, In-car unit.

http://community.webshots.com/user/sinistrv6
2003 Chevy Avalanche w/o body hardware (black, of course)

September 28th, 2004 02:41 AM

Jbenn911
Still tryin to learn !!

same here dual bb in car unit...

87 GN, 009's, TurboTweak Chip!!, ADJ FPR, Mod'd Doghouse and MPE TB, Big Ass K&N Filter, Dynotech Stretch Stock location IC,3" THDP, ATR Stainless dual exhaust, LT1 Valve Springs, otherwise stock 61,000 mil block..Pat's 3000 10" L/U convertor, Stock Turbo(for now), Scanmaster

September 28th, 2004 06:16 AM

alphaenvirmgt

ttt

September 28th, 2004 07:39 AM

Morkai
Morkai the Red

Yes, please explain to us what the purpose of dual bearings is, and what are the differences between the two, both have the micro controller valve?

September 28th, 2004 10:23 AM

larry33kc

How much if I already have the QSBC but want the micro valve

KenneBell duel full front ram air spoiler and cannister w/ K&N filter, KB fp/r,KB boost-a-pump,Racetronix fuel pump & hotwire, TPS/TEC, RJC Power Plate, K/M 3" stainless downpipe, duel nozzle SMC alky kit. console switches

KenneBell Hi/Lo Pro chip 22#'s of boost on 107 octane AV gas and running duel nozzle SMC alky kit

Coming soon custom Ford I/C!!!!

272.2 H.P. & 453.8 lbs at the rear wheels on the third run (lost at least 40 horse from the first to third run, had problems with the dyno)

September 28th, 2004 11:07 AM

Tom Tom Turbo
BLING BLING!

I am interested in a dual BB in-car unit as well. These will work with stock style wastegate and a TE44, correct?

86 WH1 T Type: John Craig TE44, ATR single shot/test pipe, TurboTweak chip, 009s, Racetronix 340/AFPR, Trans/LS1 MAF, ATR cold air, PowerPlate, HD springs, Bilsteins, BGC control arms, airbags, Autometer gauges, 17" SLP ZR1 wheels /245/4517 G-Force T/As...272 hp 330 tq, 14.2@100 smokin tires to the 660'...I need posi!!!

Last edited by Tom Tom Turbo on September 28th, 2004 at 02:52 PM

September 28th, 2004 02:48 PM

87grandnat

i just ordered one last night (wish i woulda known they were gonna offer a group purchase) but besides that the owner was really cool and emailed me right away, and answered all questions that i had about it.

In my opinion there a great company to do business with,

Joshua

p.s. i should be counted in with the group purchase though.

87 Grand Natonal: open exhaust, 9in K&N open cone, Joe Lubrant street chip, 160 thermo., boost/vacuum & oil pressure gauges, RJC power plate, scanmaster2.1, Walbro340, hotwired, Accufab AFPR, Duttweiler neck S/IC, MSD 50's, dual airbags, tubular LCA's, and 17 psi.

September 28th, 2004 02:54 PM

QBoost

Hi Guys, thanks for the response so far:

The difference between the single and dual ball bearing design is that with the dual ball bearing design, one of the ball bearings is the actual ball that controls the boost, like the single ball bearing, and the other does two things– first, it allows the adjustment screw to turn against a smooth ball rather than the end of the spring, which prevents binding when you’re adjusting the boost, and the second ball bearing also prevents severe overboost that will happen with any controller of this type if the adjustment screw falls out (unlikely with our controllers but it can happen to any controller).

The only drawback with the dual ball bearing design is that, necessarily, the adjustment spring is very, very slightly shorter and the controller will therefore be slightly more sensitive to adjustment (hardly noticeable IMO), and be more prone to falling into the casing before the adjustment screw has been turned in, such as during shipping, which is of course a minor headache.

Ultimately, there isn’t much in it, I sell a lot of single ball bearings, and I sell a lot of dual ball bearings, just a matter of preference. If you want a slightly simpler design with slightly less sensitive adjustment, the single ball bearing is the way to go, otherwise get dual.

larry33kc: The in-car add on kit is $30

Tom Tom Turbo: yes the controller will work with that set up.

Morkai: Yes both styles come with the micro bleeder with the In-Car kit

87grandnat: Thanks for the compliment, I’ll count your purchase towards the total buyers

September 28th, 2004 06:16 PM

QBoost

My apologies, I just realized the new ball bearings we're using in the dual ball bearing controllers won't provide the overboost protection in the event of adjustment screw loss (while on the car) any more. This was an extremely unlikely event anyway, and it has certainly never happened to one of my controllers to my knowledge. The smaller ball bearings we use now allow a longer spring and therefore less sensitivity to adjustment than before, and are therefore superior.

September 28th, 2004 07:55 PM

Morkai
Morkai the Red

micro bleeder
Let me clarify, you said the micro bleeder comes with both in car and underhood models?

So the incar is just setup to route the micro bleeder inside the car right?

How much control do you have from that contoler, from inside the car how much boost can you dial in or out?

September 28th, 2004 08:07 PM

QBoost

Re: micro bleeder

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Morkai
Let me clarify, you said the micro bleeder comes with both in car and underhood models?

So the incar is just setup to route the micro bleeder inside the car right?

How much control do you have from that contoler, from inside the car how much boost can you dial in or out?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi sorry for not being clear, only the In-Car comes with a micro bleeder, the underhood does not. I meant both styles (dual and single ball bearing) of In-Car come with the micro bleeder. Yes the In-Car is set up to route the micro bleeder inside the car. You can dial in or out as much boost as the controller itself can handle.

September 28th, 2004 08:14 PM

QBoost

Re: Re: micro bleeder

quote:
Originally posted by QBoost
Hi sorry for not being clear, only the In-Car comes with a micro bleeder, the underhood does not. I meant both styles (dual and single ball bearing) of In-Car come with the micro bleeder. Yes the In-Car is set up to route the micro bleeder inside the car. You can dial in or out as much boost as the controller itself can handle.

And most people set the underhood to their minimum PSI level, and adjust the in-car above that, that way you can always leave it at your minimum PSI level and have the quick spool up up to that level, and then dial in a few extra PSI when you want.

September 28th, 2004 08:27 PM

Morkai
Morkai the Red

Ok, that clears things up better for me...

I guess I'll be wanting an in-car for myself then.

September 28th, 2004 08:35 PM

Tom Tom Turbo
BLING BLING!

count me in for a dual bb in-car when the group purchase is on.

86 WH1 T Type: John Craig TE44, ATR single shot/test pipe, TurboTweak chip, 009s, Racetronix 340/AFPR, Trans/LS1 MAF, ATR cold air, PowerPlate, HD springs, Bilsteins, BGC control arms, airbags, Autometer gauges, 17" SLP ZR1 wheels /245/4517 G-Force T/As...272 hp 330 tq, 14.2@100 smokin tires to the 660'...I need posi!!!

September 28th, 2004 08:38 PM

Morkai
Morkai the Red

Sorry, wouldn't let me edit.....

I forgot to add dual bearing....

September 28th, 2004 08:46 PM

QBoost

Great!

So far we have 5 people, we’re just under 2 days in :

SinistrV6
Jbenn911
87grandnat (in spirit)
Morkai
Tom Tom Turbo

September 28th, 2004 09:25 PM

turboman38
It costs money to go fast

Just wanted to tell you guys that this item works. I went from a stock setup to the quick spool controller and noticed a difference right away. I have a TE60 turbo and it had some lag with a stock convertor. I installed this thing and have no lag what so ever.

Needless to say I'm going to get I'm going to order the incar part since I already havethe underhood part.

September 29th, 2004 04:31 AM

fullahotair

Do these work in a hotair buick?

Thanks,
Nathyn

1985 WH1 w/astro roof
1963 studebaker avanti

September 29th, 2004 04:36 AM

fullahotair

If they do work for a hotair, as i don't see why they wouldn't, i sign me up for a in car setup...

When do we pay?

1985 WH1 w/astro roof
1963 studebaker avanti

September 29th, 2004 06:28 AM

Momar

I havent used it, but it just controls the pressure going to the wastegate actuator, so it should work for hot air.

September 29th, 2004 06:30 AM

QBoost

Should work on hot air, I will check on that to make sure before the group buy is over, you pay when the group buy is over in 10-15 days from the start.

September 29th, 2004 07:18 AM

bayareaturbo

put me down for one ill try it out.

September 29th, 2004 08:54 AM

TURBOGTA1

$55 , count me in for the in car controller

September 29th, 2004 09:24 AM

CHARGED

For the in-car setup, where is the controller usually mounted and how? I would like to mount it in the ashtray if possible, do you think there is enough space for it there? and would that require extra tubing? Any pics mounted?

86 TType- 83k Lt blue/Blue int, Column shift/Bench seat, No pwr opt, Stock 12 sec recipe 12.27@113

89TTA #1216 with 11,000mi.

Daily Drivers...
98 GS- 14.51, stock
03 Surburban Z71
93 Toyota Sr5 Xcab truck

September 29th, 2004 10:58 AM

Tom Tom Turbo
BLING BLING!

funny, I had the same idea of mounting it in the ashtray while I was going to work this morning....I'd like to try that as well.

September 29th, 2004 11:44 AM

TRYMY231S
GTP Tranny Killer

I'm in for the $55 complete In-Car boost controller kit.

September 29th, 2004 11:45 AM

Mike70gtx

Put me down for the in car dual ball-bearing. Just let me know when I need pay. Did I see something about a cermic ball for a little extra? Just put me down for the best.

1987 Grand National strong rebuild,steel mains, forged pistons, te-60,(pt67 on the way) thdp, 50# injectors, translator-plus, built trans, Art Carr 9 1/2 3000 stall, cas v2 fm, iron heads with 5 angle and porting, (motor ready to go in)

September 29th, 2004 01:29 PM

artrenee10
S.Com

Im Down
Put me down for a complete in car kit
schambersiv@hotmail.com
Thanks
Steve Chambers

1994 Ford Taurus SHO
Good Daily Driver w/some giddyap
Don't look too bad either...........

September 29th, 2004 01:53 PM

paccio

Put me down for the in-car dual bb.

September 29th, 2004 02:06 PM

QBoost

Mike70gtx: Yes you can get a ceramic ball bearing option, $5 extra.

CHARGED: Where the in-car controller is usually mounted depends on the application, I can’t say for sure where you should mount it in your car.

So far we have 12 people, we’re just under 3 days in, only 3 more controllers for the first price break :

SinistrV6
Jbenn911
87grandnat (in spirit)
Morkai
Tom Tom Turbo
fullahotair
bayareaturbo
TURBOGTA1
TRYMY231S
Mike70gtx
artrenee10
paccio

Last edited by QBoost on September 29th, 2004 at 02:16 PM

September 29th, 2004 02:13 PM

tsturbo

ill take one
Put me down for one . thanks

September 29th, 2004 03:51 PM

savage6
I am Mr. Mojo Risin!

I'll Take one!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I also sent an e-mail and I recieved a nearly instant reply. It answered all the questions I had and more. It was detailed and he also sent a diagram showing how to install. Seems like a good deal to me!

PLEASE PUT ME DOWN FOR ONE!!!!!!

Thanks!

87 "GNX" clone... let the modding begin! Stock turbo, 50 Pounders, Scanmaster, Commander chip, THDP with cutout, walbro 340 hotwired, 245/60/16 Nitto DR's, both rear airbags, adj. fuel PR, K&N cone, Dutt neck Intercooler, and lastly my car is an alcoholic thanks to SMC!

September 29th, 2004 04:07 PM

SinistrV6
Valve Monkey

Is there any way to put a different style of knob on the adjuster? If I can't find a good place to hide it (not much "extra" room in a '36 Chevy!) I'd like it to look a little less conspicuous. Or at least more "factory", if you know what I mean.

http://community.webshots.com/user/sinistrv6
2003 Chevy Avalanche w/o body hardware (black, of course)

September 29th, 2004 04:18 PM