Pypes SGG50R install

I guess I will try the wire wheel and some clear engine paint as mentioned unless someone has an better idea.

Seems the SS used in my exhaust has inherent off color lines (not small) in its finish that run the length of the pipe. Just finished using my orbital polisher with rubbing, polishing compound followed by actual metal polish. Finish came out almost scratch free and glass like but those lines are now more prevalent. Gonna put the system on the car the way it is and see how it looks. If I still do not like it I will add polished tips at a later date.

Last edited:
Got the exhaust installed today and it sounds perfect and looks real nice. I ended up putting on some SS tips as I couldn't get the SS to shine up the way I wanted and I thought the original pipe tips were just a little short and needed to stick out another couple inches.

Got the exhaust installed today and it sounds perfect and looks real nice. I ended up putting on some SS tips as I couldn't get the SS to shine up the way I wanted and I thought the original pipe tips were just a little short and needed to stick out another couple inches.

Can you post a pic? I was too concerned with how much they were going to stick out as well as the finish. Also, what tips did you use? Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you look at the first post in this thread it shows exactly where my tip ended as well. I wanted about two inches longer so I would be past the underside of my trunk. I will try posting a photo but usually screw thing up. I used 9" SS pencil tips that slid on all the way up to the hanging bracket so as to look like they were meant to be there. In the end if I change my mind and have them removed it will not be obvious.

Last edited:
Update

Seems the exhaust has gotten a bit louder after some driving and has a low RPM drone noise.

Photos

Attachments

• T Type exhaust photos 004.JPG
    T Type exhaust photos 004.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 173
  • T Type exhaust photos 001.JPG
    T Type exhaust photos 001.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 185
  • T Type exhaust photos 002.JPG
    T Type exhaust photos 002.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 181
Finally got some hoist time and finished installing the Pypes exhaust. It is quiet but has a really nice rumble at 2000 rpm and really wakes up at WOT.

I had to cut an inch off both tailpipes as others have said. Every car is different. Will see how it sounds over the next week and try and heat cycle it a few times.
Thanks Dennis Kirban for an easy order and an undamaged shipment.
The stainless polished up really well, needed some sanding but it looks great
Image1470196040.636587.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good hope is stays sounding the way you like it! Where exactly did you cut it? It looks like it has the factory end.

Last edited:
Installed mine this weekend.

Pretty straightforward. Hardest part was jockeying the Y pipe. Had to angle the mufflers a tad to clear the bolts on the Hotchkis cross braces, other than that a relaxing few hours. :)

Thanks for the writeup, saved me a ton of time.

If you are running with the cat still intact the Pypes mufflers are fine. If not you will have drone at about 2200 rpm that gets worse over time. I learned the hard way.

Installed this system about a month ago. I have no drone at any RPM and that is without cat.

That said, it is quieter than my old system with Thrush mufflers (Flomaster knockoffs) Almost stock sounding at idle.

closed. Used to get it at about 38 mph with my old system, but not with the Pypes