Pypes exhaust

Mike E

Mr. Badwrench
Brand new, installed and ran for about 30 miles. Enough to drive it back from my friends shop and around the neighborhood doing some troubleshooting.

I welded the mufflers to the y pipe and put v-bands on the tailpipes. I also built some mounts for the mufflers with rubber hangers and brackets that bolt to the upper control arm cross member. Everything is tig welded. As you can see, it's been used so little, there is zero discoloration. The stickers are still on the tailpipes. The cutout is not included.

Will sell for $350. Compare to $420 from kirban and $80 in v-bands plus welding and mount fabrication. I don't want to bother with shipping this. It would have to be palletized and that would make it not worthwhile. I will meet within a reasonable distance from Middle TN or I'll bring it to the GS nationals in a month.

IMG_0738.JPG

The V-band clamp is just resting on the muffler side. The tubes still slide inside of each other to self locate to help them seal.
IMG_0739.JPG

IMG_0740.JPG
image.thumb.jpg.0db59e0603fef16055094ecd8fb7caf6.jpg

Last edited:
Band clamps on the muffler inlets is awesome Mike!

I have installed many Pypes systems and never considered to use band clamps, normally this would be at least a $100 upgrade.

I'm about 15 miles from I-65 just north of Nashville. But I have a sale pending with a local.

A local is coming to pick it up Sunday. It that changes, there are 4 more people in line.

have same kit love it free flowing vbands nice wish i had them stold my kit off line250 new maby thats why their not their anymre