Pushrod order

cimi4749

Guys I screwed up the order of the pushrods when removing my drivers side head. What do you recommend I do on reassembly?

Thanks
Joe

Some guys absolutly swear all push rods should back exactly where they came out. Others say it doesnt matter in the least if you mix them up. Personally i would buy new ones because they really arent to exspensive, but thats my typical answer, when in doubt buy a new one.

Not a bad idea. At the least, check them to be sure their straight by rolling them on a flat surface.

If they are not bent I wouldn't worry about it. Flat tappet lifters mixed up would be a different story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as they aren't bent or nicked I would run them.

Why you're down that far I would HIGHLY recommend replacing the rocker buttons. If you lose one of those while driving you will end up making a pushrod order. And possibly a tow truck order.

GM used 3 different length pushrods in these engines. If you valve stems are all the same height(use a straight edge) measure and use one size. If they are not equal or close have fun will take more than 1 length of pushrod to get it right.