Pump Warmer

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
Tossing this out there.. Set to 80 degree's to keep the pump moving better in winter time..

Thoughts :)

Attachments

• 2013-12-04 13.59.27.jpg
    2013-12-04 13.59.27.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 145
  • 2013-12-04 14.30.07.jpg
    2013-12-04 14.30.07.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 147
Cold equals snow here so I don't drive it anyway. There are a few days though in which I could see the benefit in this.

it looks like ill work if you drive your car in the winter for me I don't see the benefits but I don't drive my cars in winter

Has me curious ..at what temp ,would you say, does the pump struggle to make PSI ?
Any electric motor when cold temps hit it slows down. Perfect example if you start your car when its 20 outside.. it doesn't fire up the same.

I have a customer in Canada that drives his AWD car in the winter.. it gets sometimes -20 below.. this was made for him as he would see a degradation in the pump building pressure.

Being i'm in Florida.. its a non issue for me.. I'm torn on the decision making for this particular item.. its one of those make you think ones :unsure:

Hard to get data from where i'm at :)

Being in Upstate NY,this is definitely something I would consider.

If the roads are clear of snow and salt residue,I'm waking Mr Black up in his carpeted garage,and we are goin' out!

If it is below 20'F,I preheat the engine with a forced air propane heater. I jack up one side,aim the heater...

When the tip of the dipstick reaches 40'F or so,out we go. Unfortunately I can't get traction with ice-cold DR's at any speed when I get to 20psi boost.

That pump has to be catching cold air and getting really cold out there behind the bumper,cruising down the hiway.

Maybe a switch under the hood for that heater?

My checklist is getting longer,Earl! :( :confused:

That is a great idea for those of us up in cold climates. Especially those whol drive late into fall where the temps drop but it hasn't snowed yet.
Although I am not in the market for one as I sold my driver TTA. My other turbos only come out on warm sunny days.

Being in Upstate NY,this is definitely something I would consider.

If the roads are clear of snow and salt residue,I'm waking Mr Black up in his carpeted garage,and we are goin' out!

If it is below 20'F,I preheat the engine with a forced air propane heater. I jack up one side,aim the heater...

When the tip of the dipstick reaches 40'F or so,out we go. Unfortunately I can't get traction with ice-cold DR's at any speed when I get to 20psi boost.

That pump has to be catching cold air and getting really cold out there behind the bumper,cruising down the hiway.

Maybe a switch under the hood for that heater?

My checklist is getting longer,Earl! :( :confused:

The heater works when the ignition is on.. that part is easy, and it has a thermal limiter so the pump doesn't get too hot.. The pump already gets +12 on my kit.. ground comes from the pressure switch.. so when it goes into boost and makes pressure it disconnects automatically.

Some things are figured already ;)