Pte turbo saver line routing

aznturboboi

I am in the process of installing a pte turbo saver but I am having a problem with the line in the middle of the front cover adaptor having a slight bend in it after everything is all tightened up. If I route the lines under the swaybar the kink is worse.
Any advice will be helpful
Thanks

Attachments

• 20161112_165202.jpg
    20161112_165202.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 261
  • 20161112_165317.jpg
    20161112_165317.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 188
those lines look like they might be heater hose and not the 5/8" parker pushlok hose that should be there
if so they definitely need to be replaced

Those look to be the same as on the kit I had.
Where did you hang the filter? The "template" for mine was fubar, in they drew the image, then reduced it. No way to use it accurately.
My hoses were snug, and just cleared the air dam.

It looks like the hose that connects to the center of your adapter would be at less of an angle if it were routed (higher) over the other hose. I ran mine on the inboard side of the idler arm . I also put heater hose sleeves on them anywhere they contacted sharp edges or bolts.

Last edited:
Where did you mount the filter? I didn't have any issues with mine. Those look like the correct hoses too, Although I had to replace mine.

Anyway to rotate the adapter tighter to make the line orientation a bit more vertical? It is a pita. I converted mine to all 10 an fittings so I could remove both lines at the adapter. Do not cut the hose off someday in the future when you need to remove it, you'll score the brass and they'll leak forever. My filter is up in front of the battery on the core support. Remove battery to install.

IMG_6324.JPG

I was able to tighten up the front cover adaptor so that both lines were vertical and it took the kink out of the line.
Thanks for the advice.
Now when I start it up the low oil pressure light comes on. I tried cranking the car for 30 seconds with the orange ecu wire unplugged but the light comes back on after 5 seconds of starting the car. I did fill the filter up and the oil lines for the turbosaver.
Then I took off the turbo saver completely and put back the old oil filter and thenlight still comes on.
Im gonna try prime the motor with the oil pump tool. If not maybe bad pressure switch......This car sometimes drives me crazy.
Any advice.

I was able to tighten up the front cover adaptor so that both lines were vertical and it took the kink out of the line.
Thanks for the advice.
Now when I start it up the low oil pressure light comes on. I tried cranking the car for 30 seconds with the orange ecu wire unplugged but the light comes back on after 5 seconds of starting the car. I did fill the filter up and the oil lines for the turbosaver.
Then I took off the turbo saver completely and put back the old oil filter and thenlight still comes on.
Im gonna try prime the motor with the oil pump tool. If not maybe bad pressure switch......This car sometimes drives me crazy.
Any advice.

Check the oil level after you started it ? It is going to hold at least 2 more quarts of oil now depending on the type of filter you installed on the remote filter.

My system holds five quarts now after the turbo saver with the WIX 1060 filter.

Where do you have oil switch located ?

How did you hang the filter part ?

Is the remote filter higher or lower the engine mount ?

Last edited:
Mounted the oil filter behind the passenger headlight. I filled about 6 qts of oil. Level is good on the dipstick.

TRIPLE check that the lines are hooked up correctly. If they are backwards, that is bad. Oil probably drained out of the pump cavity. Prime with oil pump prime tool. I like to have a mechanical oil pressure sensor handy to check any oil system work that I have done.

if you have the lines crossed and the filter has an antidrainback you wont get oil to flow to the engine

check the hoses are routed correctly

line connections.jpg

Last edited:
Good idea to prime w/ tool.
Also, unless PTE screwed the pooch, you cannot put the hoses on backwards.

Thanks for the advice.
Any advice.

Ok, you won't like this. May have lost oil prime. I had to do this on a new engine. Rotate to #1 TDC, take off cam sensor cap, take a picture. You'll be installing it so it looks like that after this is done. Then remove cam sensor. Go to hardware store, get a 18 inch long 3/8 paddle drill bit. Grind it down to a flat blade to fit into the oil pump with a drill. Then remove OUT oil line, fill oil line with funnel and oil, turn oil pump backwards to "suck" the oil down to the pan to reprime it. Reconnect oil line. Then run drill the other way and make sure it is hard to turn as that is now primed. Then hook it all back up. Should fire and have pressure like new. Hopefully the bearings are ok after running with no oil pressure.

Mounted the oil filter behind the passenger headlight. I filled about 6 qts of oil. Level is good on the dipstick.

No kinks in the lines ?

Have you triple checked the "ins" and "outs" on both the adapter and the filter holder ?

Try and new filter the does not have anti-drain back.