PTE TA49 Turbo + Terry Houston 3.5 Down Pipe DP + 3" Chrome Maf Pipe

Spoke with turbolou bringing the car up to his on Saturday morning we are going to spend the day on it. He will hook it up to the oscilloscope and really get down to it.

I will post exactly what we find, hope it can help some others perhaps.

great thread though with great info ...and you have a great car brudda ....true classic ....keep your grandmas plastic on the chairs LOL........all I will say in ending if you are going to drive the car more than once a month get a chip for Eric ....easy to swap back out ....just be careful with it... pry it out as uniform as possible .....but the kick panel will never go back in just right and probably break the little push pin at bottom LOL....Cheers ... :cool:

@grass doctor , thanks lol. yeah I bought this definitely to drive it more than once a month I did not buy this for investment, not sure if I mentioned it but in my twenties I had a Grand national could only dream of a GNX so as kids we never really thought much about it. Now that is has become a reality the last thing I wanted to do is just sit in my garage if you know what I mean.

speaking of these number vehicles I also have number 110 of 200 made of the Porsche 911 exclusive cabriolet version, this is another one that is just sitting in my garage I drive it maybe once a month just feel it's a waste.

But regardless, there's something about the 1987 Grand national especially GNX that brings you back to childhood were all I can do is pretty much look at it in the garage start it up and just smile it's a great feeling. Can't wait for Saturday :).

5.7 one for stock 28lb injectors and oem maf ....or get a LT1 maf sensor and translator combo ....will kinda wake it up a bit ...and be solid driving fun car and you can save the rare working OEM maf sensor and chip and air box for later if you want ...or just keep it in stock form with better chip....I got a maf pipe from earl brown and a short 4 inch cone K&N air filter and it sits nice ...I kinda made my own cold air intake ( cheap ass) LOL....just a thought ...you will also probably have turbo flutter when getting rid of stock air box ...when getting into a pull and letting off the gas ...you will hear the horse sneeze ...kinda bothered me at first but now I dont car ...I just like driving the car ...oooh and zip tie the vacuum lines to the boost solenoid and turbo y waste gate hose ...I blew mine off once and thought I blew my car up LOL.but it hurt so good :p ...im sure lou will lead you in the right direction ...ill post a pick of what I did ...trying to stay stock and have reliable fun car ...and a little chrome for the crows at the car shows...anyways ....

my car was not in great shape when I got it ...I had to clean it and detail a lot of things ...and do a lot of work to it ...replaced most vacuum lines ..check valves ...detail engine bay ...and many other things but it had 69,000 miles on it when I bought it 3 years ago ...and have learned so much from these guys on here ...one day I will have a bad ass T with some balls ...but cant touch my baby and jack it all up bc I want reliability in her ....anyways here is some pics of what I did to the air intake with LT1 and translator ...dont mind the horn for alarm ..plug and play is what I like ...also changed over to 134a on ac bc my compressor blew a seal ...retained the stock elbow to plug the AIT sensor into even thought not used with Erics chip didnt want it hanging ...and put a cover on the translator bc that shit has to look sexy ....

View attachment
IMG_1210.jpg
IMG_1209.jpg

im not sure if you know this but you have a lot of nice cars ....and do not use armorall it is shit especially the older formulation which is petroluem based ...and will actually ruin your vinyl, plastic and rubber parts ....303 protectant is a far superior conditioner and protectant ...cheers ....

@grass doctor / @chris romani here are some pics out of the garage today.

@chris romani your absolutely right LOL, however what seems to make a world of a difference was the TPS/IAC adjustments made during normal temp, now that they are in-sync im not sure I really have any issue, although Im still bringing it over to TurboLou next Saturday for a once over.

Once we determined that yes, I will be driving this once or twice a month, I think the chip is worth a try.

Attachments

• 100_3212.JPG
    100_3212.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 123
  • 100_1621.JPG
    100_1621.JPG
    940.2 KB · Views: 141
  • 100_1622.JPG
    100_1622.JPG
    952.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 100_2018.JPG
    100_2018.JPG
    874.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 100_2189.JPG
    100_2189.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 141

@chris romani your absolutely right LOL, however what seems to make a world of a difference was the TPS/IAC adjustments made during normal temp, now that they are in-sync im not sure I really have any issue, although Im still bringing it over to TurboLou next Saturday for a once over.

Once we determined that yes, I will be driving this once or twice a month, I think the chip is worth a try.
SWEET !!!

Car looks nice. I have the faded bumper fillers as well, never repainted. I find the TopCoat F11 spray works really well on them and brightens them up for a few days.

Love it as well.Damn bumper fillers I just had mine done in fiberglass there beautiful.You can’t put them on that car though.Here’s my car.

Attachments

• 100_2644.JPG
    100_2644.JPG
    938.6 KB · Views: 126
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    648 KB · Views: 123
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    669.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    563.6 KB · Views: 133
Car looks nice. I have the faded bumper fillers as well, never repainted. I find the TopCoat F11 spray works really well on them and brightens them up for a few days.
@samgauto - I find I can literally rub them with my index finger and they come back to shine :).

@chris romani - what do you have a trickle charger running ?
also, where did you get the large format GN protective towel? I have one, but much smaller.

-tom

f11 is a gimmick ...just sayin .... best polish and sealants are the wolf gang brand or jescar....formly menzerna ....jescar power lock plus is second to none ... slicker than high end carnauba ...ive tried em all... 5 step clean and polish... if you think a spray on wipe off product is working with no cure time your fooling yourself.... I do like to put the carnauba on the hood though...LOL....
WP_20160213_20_01_50_Pro_zpsnwm3j8lu.jpg

Thanks my wife says I should see a psychiatrist for being such an anal weirdo with the car.
my wife called me one day and said she dropped a jug of laundry detergent on the hood while getting it off the self ....I hung up the phone and left work pissed off....she thought it was so funny ....I still have got to get her for that BS prank... :devil: ill choke a bitch ...LOL